SMF February 2021 Challenge - Circling Taiwan Swirl

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

luluzapcat

Reaction score
...Curious to see if it turns brown, but it was really bright red at the pour...

Here are the pours of both soaps and the natural colorants, along with what the rhubarb look like when steeping. So, it’s similar to turmeric, starts yellow, trends pink / red in soap. The light is bad in the natural colorant one, it was brighter than it appears.
Thanks so much for sharing all this information! I'm really interested in natural colorants and your soap is just inspiring.

I am going to have to try rhubarb for sure! I too am very curious to find out if it turns brown.

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When will be the next challenge start? Not eager to participate, just eager to see more soaps :)

:)

VikingChick

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m too new to enter this challenge, but I wanted to play along at home. This was my first attempt ever at a Taiwan swirl. As you can see, I didn’t get the green throughout the loaf, but after cutting it horizontally I ended up with two different patterns and I like both. I’m pretty happy with it! (I still struggle with beveling edges, so don’t look too closely at that.....)

Colors are TD, black oxide, brown oxide, and chrome green oxide. Scent is Tobacco and Bay Leaf from BB.

1D7C40AD-D5D0-458D-A837-9346AFF427AE.jpeg

Last edited:

Zing

Reaction score
I’m too new to enter this challenge, but I wanted to play along at home. This was my first attempt ever at a Taiwan swirl. As you can see, I didn’t get the green throughout the loaf, but after cutting it horizontally I ended up with two different patterns and I like both. I’m pretty happy with it! (I still struggle with beveling edges, so don’t look too closely at that.....)

Colors are TD, black oxide, brown oxide, and chrome green oxide. Scent is Tobacco and Bay Leaf from BB.

View attachment 54734
Astounding! Love the one with green. I may have to copy this. That would have been stiff competition in the challenge thread.

SoapLover1

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 54734
Great Job! Love It!!!

VikingChick

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts