Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Beginners! Experienced! any method.

Show your soaps made in January! Tell the story about them too.

Looking forward to seeing what is happening in January!

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
These are looking great, thanks for starting the photos for January.

kisha

Reaction score
This one I just made a few minutes ago. It's a combination of orange spice and vanilla ice cream FOs and smells like butterscotch. I haven't had time to soap since before thanksgiving. Feels good to be able to start again!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452026337.526803.jpg

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made a second salt bar (for me this time). Was very disappointed, my blue green mica from WSP morphed out completely in 2 hours so my bar is just neutral colors now. But totally loving the sea salt & driftwood fo. Now to wait 3-4 months....

1452043903031.jpg

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First picture is of my salt bars, my second attempt at salt bars. My first discolored and went "off". Second picture is of my "Groene Zeep", a soft green soap historically made by the Dutch in Amsterdam. I'm trying to recreate something I remember from my childhood. It's made using the glycerin liquid soap method.

Seems like I'm off to a good start but we won't talk about the Andalusian Castile... yet.

Salt bar Jan2016.jpg

017.JPG

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the top swirl of a soap I did messing around for the black and white challenge. I posted a cut pic in that thread. These are the only two pics I have of it, so thought I'd share a non-dup here. I'm not planning to enter it.

IMG_1225.jpg

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My only soaps made this year so far... Champagne Pear, Honey Toffee, and my black and white attempt for the challenge...not sure how it looks inside yet so this might be the entry depending on how it turns out...

1452050218581.jpg

Wildcraft_Garden

Reaction score
Made a second salt bar (for me this time). Was very disappointed, my blue green mica from WSP morphed out completely in 2 hours so my bar is just neutral colors now. But totally loving the sea salt & driftwood fo. Now to wait 3-4 months....
Really pretty still!

Bamagirl

Reaction score
Even though I promised myself I would wait a little while, I broke that promise and went ahead and made a mechanic's soap with kerosene. :neutral: From the very moment I decided to make soap, I have researched this type, and had so many notes and had finally settled on a recipe to print out "to try". I wound up making it yesterday!

edited to add: Please ignore my lack of cutting skills, I am hoping this gets better with time or maybe I can talk the hubby into making me a cutting guide.

DSCF3120.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You're a brave soul, Bamagirl. Or do you have guinea pigs in mind? You'll have to start a thread when you start using it, let us know how well it works.

Bamagirl

Reaction score
You're a brave soul, Bamagirl. Or do you have guinea pigs in mind? You'll have to start a thread when you start using it, let us know how well it works.

It's for my husband (he's a mechanic). He tried some that someone locally had made and it had kerosene, so I researched until I found what I hope will be a good bar.

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect. I am intrigued. I think it's worth its own thread now if you want to share some of the details about how it went making it. Otherwise, I'll patiently wait until your hubby starts using it :)

narnia

Reaction score
Here's the top swirl of a soap I did messing around for the black and white challenge. I posted a cut pic in that thread. These are the only two pics I have of it, so thought I'd share a non-dup here. I'm not planning to enter it.
Awesome soaps!! What soap challenge are you talking about?

Steve85569

Supporting Member
Reaction score
edited to add: Please ignore my lack of cutting skills, I am hoping this gets better with time or maybe I can talk the hubby into making me a cutting guide.

Miter box - one of the wood ones and a 6" spatula/trowel from the sheet rock section of the hardware store. The trowel needs to be about 4" tall. I added an inch and a half to the height for the tall skinny mould. Instant cutting guide!

Without the guide I cut crooked every time. I blame the bi-focals.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts