Show your January 2016 Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shampoo Bar

Here is a picture of a fresh single Shampoo Bar. I like to cut, bevel and photograph...as I struggle with patience. :think:

shampoo bar.jpg

To Wildcraft_Garden re: Apple Mango Tango. I used this about 2 months ago. When I look at my notes I have a big star beside the fragrance so it behaved well. I just pulled one of those bars to use for myself and it smells wonderful. It's sweet and fruity, so if you like heavier scents or more herbal scents you may not like it, but I only have 2 bars left out of 10, so others liked it!

Indigo Tea Tree with Activated Charcoal and Coconut Milk. Using powdered Indigo, Tea Tree-Lavender and Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Aloe Vera Spirulina - Using Spirulina, Aloe Vera Juice, Bergamot-Cassia Root, CedarWood-Nutmeg-Lavender Essential Oil
I haven't ventured into the beautiful designs just swirls if they come out.

Indigo Tea Tree Charcoal.jpg

Aloe Vera Spirulina Soap.jpg

This is my first soap for 2013! scented with Love Spell! I needed to remake this scent, & wanted to make a Valentine soap! I hand molded the hearts on top, & had a mold for tiny hearts that I used 2 days ahead to make the embeds. I pushed the hearts inside the batter, some went wonky, most worked great!
12487307_10156466091895646_5864198253487302955_o.jpg

To Wildcraft_Garden re: Apple Mango Tango. I used this about 2 months ago. When I look at my notes I have a big star beside the fragrance so it behaved well. I just pulled one of those bars to use for myself and it smells wonderful. It's sweet and fruity, so if you like heavier scents or more herbal scents you may not like it, but I only have 2 bars left out of 10, so others liked it!
Thanks Judiraz!

January soap

Only one soap so far. This is "Skin Kiss", made with OO, CO, Castor O, Shea B, Fr Gr Clay and topped with ground fresh Rosemary. Not sure if my photo downloaded or posted, but here goes.

Skin Kiss 1-2016 002.JPG2.jpg

Here's a few bars of the beer soap I made yesterday! Scented with BB Honey Ale, which I didn't love out of the bottle but is a lot less offensive in the soap. We'll see how she fares in the coming weeks. It discolors to tan so I left 1/4 unscented and added a bit of TD for the swirl.

1453154798986.jpg

Here's a few bars of the beer soap I made yesterday! Scented with BB Honey Ale, which I didn't love out of the bottle but is a lot less offensive in the soap. We'll see how she fares in the coming weeks. It discolors to tan so I left 1/4 unscented and added a bit of TD for the swirl.
Absolutely beautiful

1) Red & blue drop swirl - One of my brothers showed an interest in learning how to make soap, so after giving him a rundown on the basics, I got him to go through my cabinet of fragrance oils to pick one he liked, and he picked a colour scheme to go with it. The fragrance is Passionfruit Nectarine FO from WSP (go figure that he'd choose that over the "manly" type fragrance oils I thought would be more appealing to guys), and the colours are red oxide, ultramarine blue and titanium dioxide.

2) Citrus kitchen soap - This one was a request from my husband for a citrus scented, degreasing, scrubby hand soap. I changed my recipe to make it more cleansing, and added beeswax and pumice. I added fresh clementine and lemon peels for extra scrubbiness and colour. It's scented with a blend of Pink Grapefruit, Freshly Zested Lemon, and Blood Orange fragrance oils from WSP.

3) Minty face soap - I used a slightly modified version of Genny's famous shampoo bar recipe which makes a great, gentle face soap recipe. I added a blend of peppermint, lavender and tea tree essential oils from NDA, as well as superfine pumice, bentonite clay, and raw honey.

Wildcraft_Garden - I'll second what Judiraz said. Apple Mango Tango appealed to pretty much everyone in my experience and is easy to work with in CP.

PassionfruitNectarine1.jpg

CitrusKitchenSoap1.jpg

MintyFaceSoap1.jpg

Beautiful. Love the white leaves.

1) Red & blue drop swirl - One of my brothers showed an interest in learning how to make soap, so after giving him a rundown on the basics, I got him to go through my cabinet of fragrance oils to pick one he liked, and he picked a colour scheme to go with it. The fragrance is Passionfruit Nectarine FO from WSP (go figure that he'd choose that over the "manly" type fragrance oils I thought would be more appealing to guys), and the colours are red oxide, ultramarine blue and titanium dioxide..

Wildcraft_Garden - I'll second what Judiraz said. Apple Mango Tango appealed to pretty much everyone in my experience and is easy to work with in CP.

Thanks Queen Bee! I have the passionfruit nectarine waiting to be made into something delicious too. ☺

Yesterday, I made an HP juniper and oatmeal batch, then a double batch CP charcoal with frankincense. Sorry, no pictures. :(

There are some lovely January soaps out there!

I'm working hard on my photography skills as a new years resolution.

Here's my January creations:

1. A spearmint & spirulina powder shea butter soap, scented with spearmint EO at about 10g/kg, and a 2-tone ITP swirl

2. A goji berry (powdered) "Froot-Loop" soap, scented with sweet orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime, and litsea cubeba. It smells like Froot Loops! I can't say the scent blend was my idea, I read it somewhere on the Interwebs... Colored with goji berry powder and orange oxide and an ITP swirl, scented at about 15g/kg

spearmint spirulina.jpg

goji berry froot loops.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back