Show us your work space!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know if you ever want to part with that mirror.....
The vanity is claimed by my granddaughter already. We did a lot of stripping off old chipping paint and veneer from it. It still needs a coat of polyurethane or? If the granddaughter changes her mind, I’ll let you know.

Getting ready to film another soap.... This is ridiculously addictive.

Attachments

• 20220502_143905-01.jpeg
    20220502_143905-01.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 24
Love the natural light. As for the drawer...first question is, can it handle the weight and pressure of the batter because that looks like it's going to hold 25 lb to 30 lbs easily without blowing out the sides, or the bottom when you move it. Also, are the sides thick enough to handle the heat of the saponification process without warping? When you measure across to see how many logs you can cut, you're going to want to measure at 2 9/16" instead of 2 1/2" to account for the width of the wire (aka 'kerf' in woodworking terms). It's why I don't get 10-1" bars from my 10" mold; one is always slightly smaller.
I took your advice onboard. I'm not brave enough to make such a massive slab of soap yet.

I’m working on a soaping space reorganization this summer and this seems like the best place to show off a new Pinterest-inspired way to make my cavity molds more accessible. I had the idea after finding a photo of Cricut cutting mats hung on a tiered clip hanger. I also bought stacking drawers so I can move away from stacked bins. I’m partway there with the rest of the drawers arriving later this week.
IMG_9978.jpeg

IMG_9977.jpeg

The next step of the soaping room reorg was to come up with a way to make my FOs more accessible, preferably without needing yet more shelving. This interim?/permanent? solution gets them out of a deep bottom cabinet in my soaping space and into the light of day. I already had the tiered basket stand that lived in the middle of a giant kitchen island in my old house. As you can see, it’s quite roomy! I guess I don’t need any more FOs except for the ones that are already on their way in the mail 🤣

IMG_0001.jpeg

Yes, owning this many FOs is embarassing. In my own defense, many of them are one or two ounce samples that I bought on sale 😉

Last edited:
It's a mess! Dirty dishes and soap laundry shown too. I have been living in it for a week or more, it feels like. Lol
I'm doing the best I can. This is soap/bath and body/resin / everything but sewing workshop. With a loft bed 😂
I'll take pretty pictures when it's clean. Right now the tubs are everywhere because I'm installing shop lights. My eyes don't work like they use to

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_163803048.jpg
    IMG_20230714_163803048.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230714_163740642.jpg
    IMG_20230714_163740642.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230714_163748830.jpg
    IMG_20230714_163748830.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230714_163755190.jpg
    IMG_20230714_163755190.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
It's a mess! Dirty dishes and soap laundry shown too. I have been living in it for a week or more, it feels like. Lol
I'm doing the best I can. This is soap/bath and body/resin / everything but sewing workshop. With a loft bed 😂
I'll take pretty pictures when it's clean. Right now the tubs are everywhere because I'm installing shop lights. My eyes don't work like they use to
Love all those cubbies!

Back