Show us your work space!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so jealous of yall that have a dedicated workspace. My dedicated workspace is a table here, a bakers rack there, micas and fragrances over in that corner, a tote of stuff in this corner, a couple of totes with bath bomb things against that wall in my bedroom and well just about anywhere you look on my house is some sort of soaping stuff. My tool chest workstation that I use to soap on now has my 3d printer on it as I can't keep it level on any of my plastic tables I have.
I could only wish to have a dedicated workspace so I can sell my soaps and be legal about it.
3D printer… now I’m jealous!

I was thinking that for the garage, since I was going to need a 'hot plate', I could just put my big soup pot on it on 'low' with some soapy water. I wipe everything down with microfiber towels and then rinse them in hot soap water. I generally don't wear gloves when soaping as I'm between sizes and make a bigger mess with them on, than have safety issues with them off. I'm always wiping/washing my hands so batter doesn't have a chance to cause problems.

I'm 60...my youngest daughter bought me a gel mat for my birthday last year and I like it, but I need one for the whole kitchen floor. LOL I caught my husband, since he does most of the cooking as he is retired, sneaking the mat over in front of the stove. It's really less about my feet and more about my back. Someone mentioned a back brace and I've checking them out on Amazon, but hard to find a size called 'old and overweight'.
Speaking of the Anti Fatigue Mats, they are A Must Have! They come in a 27.3 x 60 inch on Amazon on sale now for $35.99. Mine were twice that! I think I have 7 now. The Long one is in my Kitchen Island in front of the sink, Dishwasher and trash receptor. One in front of the stove and others in my Lab. That’s almost
3 ft x 5 ft. I have Spine Issues and the concrete and even Hardwood floors seems to compress it! The pain is horrible! I definitely recommend them. Blessings!

Attachments

• 523B08E6-F154-4203-BDB9-BFB49D000893.png
    523B08E6-F154-4203-BDB9-BFB49D000893.png
    344.9 KB · Views: 76
Speaking of the Anti Fatigue Mats, they are A Must Have! They come in a 27.3 x 60 inch on Amazon on sale now for $35.99. Mine were twice that! I think I have 7 now. The Long one is in my Kitchen Island in front of the sink, Dishwasher and trash receptor. One in front of the stove and others in my Lab. That’s almost
3 ft x 5 ft. I have Spine Issues and the concrete and even Hardwood floors seems to compress it! The pain is horrible! I definitely recommend them. Blessings!
Oh that ones a nice size. Mine is much smaller.

Speaking of the Anti Fatigue Mats, they are A Must Have! They come in a 27.3 x 60 inch on Amazon on sale now for $35.99. Mine were twice that! I think I have 7 now. The Long one is in my Kitchen Island in front of the sink, Dishwasher and trash receptor. One in front of the stove and others in my Lab. That’s almost 3 ft x 5 ft. I have Spine Issues and the concrete and even Hardwood floors seems to compress it! The pain is horrible! I definitely recommend them. Blessings!

That long skinny one would be about the size I would need to fit in front of my sink area and then another size the size in front of my "soap cart" for in front of the stove for hubby. I have put both of them in my House list. Thank you.

There you go again, tempting me to ask you to move in . Gooooaaaaaat milk……😁

Part of it is how I was raised, part of it is just not having as much time as I would like. If you clean as you go, there is less to clean in the end. When I made four different soaps last weekend (2 single color and 2 two-color) and instead of having 25 items in my sink to wash, I had six. The last one was two-color Drop/Chopstick Swirl so I had an extra container and chopstick.

That long skinny one would be about the size I would need to fit in front of my sink area and then another size the size in front of my "soap cart" for in front of the stove for hubby. I have put both of them in my House list. Thank you.

Part of it is how I was raised, part of it is just not having as much time as I would like. If you clean as you go, there is less to clean in the end. When I made four different soaps last weekend (2 single color and 2 two-color) and instead of having 25 items in my sink to wash, I had six. The last one was two-color Drop/Chopstick Swirl so I had an extra container and chopstick.
I have 52 items in my sink 🥴

Here's my wee soap room during the day. Currently trying to figure out if that Ikea drawer would make a good mould for tall & skinny bars.

Love the natural light. As for the drawer...first question is, can it handle the weight and pressure of the batter because that looks like it's going to hold 25 lb to 30 lbs easily without blowing out the sides, or the bottom when you move it. Also, are the sides thick enough to handle the heat of the saponification process without warping? When you measure across to see how many logs you can cut, you're going to want to measure at 2 9/16" instead of 2 1/2" to account for the width of the wire (aka 'kerf' in woodworking terms). It's why I don't get 10-1" bars from my 10" mold; one is always slightly smaller.

Back