Show me your SAPONIFACTORY!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the perfect find for your soap space , and you can't beat free .good for you.

Kitn

Irena your scent cabinet is wonderful, I am green with envy.
How does your master list work? Do you keep track of how much you have of each one and reorder when running low?
What are your favourite scents to work with?

ChrissyB said:
Irena your scent cabinet is wonderful, I am green with envy.
How does your master list work? Do you keep track of how much you have of each one and reorder when running low?
What are your favourite scents to work with?

My master list is a notebook where I keep track of what I have and how much. Fragrance oils are separate from Essential Oils. I also have this list on my computer. I reorder when I start running low.

I like just about anything except bakery type scents. Right now I'm using Champagne FO from Nature's Garden, Rosemary/Mint EO blend, Summer Sorbet FO from Tony's and Grapefruit Cassis from GL Candle Supplies.

OMG Chris, I wanna come and play in your soap room! :D You have some nice stuff there! I'm in central FL, near Orlando, where are you? And isn't craigslist GREAT!

JessyV said:
Deda- I love, love, love, your place!
Thank you!

I ripped it apart over last 2 days to make it more workable, it's even better now. I have more room to work!

Deda said:
JessyV said:
Thank you!

I ripped it apart over last 2 days to make it more workable, it's even better now. I have more room to work!

What the heck did ya do to it Deb? It was awesome when i saw it....

Sibi said:
Deda said:
JessyV said:
Thank you!

What the heck did ya do to it Deb? It was awesome when i saw it....

you should stop by after work, it's even better now!

I reorganized my "soap room" (aka laundry room) and thought about this thread. I wanted to bump it and see if others would share pics. I just love pics. It makes me dream!

I know have serious mold envy as well and eo/fo envy :D

(i'm wondering how hard it would be to insulate the garage) lol

Man, many of you have such nice organized labs. I guess if your in the business you probably have to be. Who am I trying to kid. Even if we were running a business, I don't think our space would look much different (probably worse). :shock: We do keep sort of organized, but just can't seem to keep the tables clear so we have space to work. :oops:

We (DW Billie and me) started out with one table and one homemade shelf for candles. Then we got more stuff, added soaps, got more stuff, added lip balms and lotions, and added more stuff. Now we consume the largest room in the basement. We just can't seem to stop BWAHaHaHaHa. :D

Basic room view.
IMG_0474-2b.jpg

Soap, lip balm, and lotion stuff.
IMG_0475-2b.jpg

Most of our candle stuff and scents.
IMG_0476-2b.jpg

Our dumpster dive soap rack from behind the Dollar General.
IMG_0071.jpg

That is a great workspace you two have . I say make it wherever you have room and have whatever it takes in the room to make it work for you.

Course a nice little soap making cottage in the back yard would be nice too but that's not gonna happen :wink:

Kitn

Wayne! I love your room! All I have is 3 shelves in the laundry room but I have plans! I was trying to figure out where could I put shelves..and I can put some near the ceiling like I saw on someone's picture. lol

Kimberly: wow you have so much stuff! I love it! I would totally spread out if I didn't have animals/child/husband that cooks!

My laundry room is where I make the soap cause it has a door, but I don't store anything out there. The basement is too moist and filthy to make soap down there (not to mention, creepy!). My stuff is stuck with all the rest of my crafts and I'm seriously running out of soap storage room.

It's insane! I'm teetering right on the edge of being able to do it in my kitchen, but almost to the point of it being too much!

{{{dreaming}}} of oil vats the size of DonnyJ, an aromatherapy cabinet like Soapbuddy <--- That is my addiction...FRAGRANCE :roll:

i'm so jealous of all the pimp workspaces and massive collections of FO's and EO's some of you have!

i'm drooling!! :D

Me too salty, omg, the pics of some of those are incredible. I cant imagine having that many eo and fo's like that one pic. OMG, wish I had the money for all that stuff. Maybe someday.

So don't laugh. My laundry room has room for the washer/dryer and then a drawer thing. I have the curing racks next to that and I'm going to add another shelf on the other side for other things. Why is the chest thing not against a wall? Because of the vent on the floor..it's uneven and I need to find a grill for it that fits properly.

These are inspiring but this is my space and I'm happy about it because I have everything there. The only thing not there is the lye (in the garage, awaiting a shelf or cabinet perhaps) and the hard oils in tubs that will be on the floor until I get the other shelving.

I found those plastic things for 3$ at walmart and thought it was perfect for the eos I have. ( I drool with that cabinet too!). The clays are in the 3rd bin along with powdered goat's milk, oatmeal is in front.

Top shelf has all the soft oils and small containers of hard oils.

IMG_3161.jpg

The rest of this will be emptied soon. I just need the space :D
Those are my molds and empty FO/EO that I don't know what to do with yet.

IMG_3162.jpg

Here's my drying rack with the coffee soap and the others. I know they will shrink but I kept the band on to see just how much out of curiosity. (pardon the tap/ballet shoes. They don't fit anymore and I haven't found a place for them yet.)

IMG_3163.jpg

Wow--I'm in awe of some of these soap laboratories!! I never have more than 6 or 7 eo/fos at one time.

I'm pretty happy with my set-up.....for now, anyway! I have a second, full kitchen in my basement (How cool, huh? I tell my husband I married him for his kitchen :wink: ) I've had a cake decorating business for years, but soap is slowly taking over the kitchen, so I need to reorganize the kitchen to accomodate both of my passions (although soap is definitely becoming more dominant!)

Back