Show me your SAPONIFACTORY!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG...it hurts just looking at all these great spaces. I am currently storing supplies in our mud room; making soap in the kitchen; moving it to the dining room for 24 to 48 hours; curing, labeling and stocking in the basement; and logging everything on my computer in my office. After seeing all of these, I have to get everything moved to one place (which I have been thinking about anyway). I spend more time moving from room to room then I do making soap!

Justpeachy said:
Wow--I'm in awe of some of these soap laboratories!! I never have more than 6 or 7 eo/fos at one time.

I'm pretty happy with my set-up.....for now, anyway! I have a second, full kitchen in my basement (How cool, huh? I tell my husband I married him for his kitchen :wink: ) I've had a cake decorating business for years, but soap is slowly taking over the kitchen, so I need to reorganize the kitchen to accomodate both of my passions (although soap is definitely becoming more dominant!)

I also do cakes!! :) But I'm finding my soap addiction is taking over. I've been turning cake customers away so I have more time to work on my soap business. :shock:

So far I just set up a card table in our family room when I want to soap. My supplies are in a little bathroom that is down there. I'm starting to run out of room.

IMG_7836.jpg

AshleyR--hi fellow cake decorator! Yes, my interest in cakes isn't what it used to be! It's getting harder to get my mind into gear for cakes. Have you tried whipped soap? It's the perfect blend of soap and cake.

Over Memorial Day DH painted and moved and screwed and hung for me all weekend. He worked so hard to get my soap room ready! Then he brought all the supplies in from ALL OVER THE HOUSE and I put it all away.

SoapKitchen007.jpg

Welcome to my soap room!
SoapKitchen006.jpg

Loving my fragrances all alphabetized.
SoapKitchen008.jpg

Farmers Market Product ready to load in the car.
SoapKitchen004.jpg

My workspace.
SoapKitchen003.jpg

Everything I need at arms reach.
SoapKitchen005.jpg

Oils on the bottom, racks in the middle, storage on top.

I have another closet to put shelves in and when I do I'll move the storage stuff from the shelves and add more drying space.

Around the corner is a large closet for finished products and my tent, tables, props - things like that.

I still have my office upstairs and I think I will continue to make labels up there.

Thanks for looking!

That is just freakin Awesome!

All of you are lucky, right now I soap in the kitchen. I hope next year we get out of this place and buy our own. I going to make sure there is plenty of space for my soaps and other hobbies.

I'm lucky. I have two kitchens: one at my house and one at my business.
On the weekends, I totally trash the business kitchen and then clean up Sunday night to be ready for Monday business.

I do get cravings to make soap during the week though.

Well, I am off to the basement. I have decided to take over the theatre room with the fridge, sink, micro and counter. Not to mention the large screen plasma and theatre seating. I may not get much soaping done but I sure will see lots of movies I have been wanting to see. LOL No seriously, we dont use the room much and I sure could use all of the cupboards for my soaping stuff. I am moving tonight, wish me luck. I will post pics later when I am done. Chow

bconrade884 said:
Well, I am off to the basement. I have decided to take over the theatre room with the fridge, sink, micro and counter. Not to mention the large screen plasma and theatre seating. I may not get much soaping done but I sure will see lots of movies I have been wanting to see. LOL No seriously, we dont use the room much and I sure could use all of the cupboards for my soaping stuff. I am moving tonight, wish me luck. I will post pics later when I am done. Chow
I think my family would REVOLT I tried to displace them from their reclining seats and big TV.
I'd have to go live with Sibi or Tabitha.

I take more of the Nomad approach... No open space which is in the diminsions of about 100 Sqft is safe from me .... muahhahahahha

I want a chair like that :shock: I'd fall asleep in there every time!

OK, OK, OK... it's so fun seeing everyone else's spaces- I'll take pix of mine, I just have to tidy up first... I've been a soaping FOOL lately, but I haven't cleaned up after my escapades today.

OK, here we go...

Before the soaping begins:

DSC00872.jpg

Supplies Cabinet #1 & my assistant Fritz helping me retrieve some supplies

DSC01088.jpg

Supplies Cabinet #2

DSC01091.jpg

Oils... Does anyone have an easy way of getting the oils from these drums? I can't seem to get the pour spouts to stay popped out and I make a total mess as it stands now!

DSC01092.jpg

My current concoction... liquid soap that is in the process of being diluted, I just stirred it so it looks cloudy.

DSC01093.jpg

This is part of my storage, I need to expand! I just got rid of a bunch of my earlier (and uglier) soaps because I only want the pretty ones around!

DSC01097.jpg

My candles are stashed somewhere else, but I forgot to take pix of them and it's not that big of a deal. :)

ENJOY!

Wow, those rooms are fabulous! I'd be plenty happy to make soap in that gorgeous kitchen and that awesome theater room.

kittywings----your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it, colors, counter tops, the flooring...it is to DIE for! making soap or not, i NEED that kitchen!!!

Latest posts

Back