Sharing a tip....

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

marghewitt

Reaction score
On how I keep my work surface clean and safe from raw soap for free. Whenever I shop at Costco I pick up a couple of the large brown cardboard sheets that sit between the stacks of papertowles and toilet paper. They are more like heavy duty construction paper and they are FREE! They are perfect cut in half to cover my table where I soap.

sagehill

Reaction score
Oooh, I like the shower curtain idea a lot... I have several in the basement because I'm a confirmed packrat and hate throwing out anything that might be useful some day. lol

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Both are great options. Wide butcher paper also works, but you have to tape it down. Those thin plastic drop cloths are also easy to use.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
Nice! I got lucky in that I attend career fairs for my job and we changed company names, so I got the old name canvas banner for free :)

Soapsense

Reaction score
If it's free it's for me, that is a great idea, next time I go to BJ's I am going to check it out.

DWinMadison

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just start with clean counters (ceramic) and wipe them down afterward. Is that bad? :???: But, now that you mention it I have tons of those blue hospital absorbent underpads that would work great. You can get them at any drugstore for pennies a piece. And if your grandma stays over....you're prepared for that too.

VanessaP

Reaction score
I have a roll of butcher paper from Sam's Club that I pull off some and lay on the counter. Very handy to put 2 layers down when working with colorants. Go ahead, ask me how easy it was to clean up the black mica off my counter LOL Had to pull out the bleach cleaner :/

I need to drag that roll of butcher paper in from the garage. I can also rip off pieces for the twins to color on LOL

Latest posts