Share your unintentional meat soap photos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martha

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing a lot of posts recently about soaps that have turned out looking like meat. I thought it might be fun to share them in a meat thread. @Dawni You made a ham soap recently.

This one was from the first (and only) time I rendered tallow. The whole house smelled like meat, the color of the soap looked like meat, and the swirls even ended up looking like cows. See the bottom row.
8958BCFD-771C-44A6-AA4A-FE909E1D4932.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my transformation of my first try at lollipop soap.

View attachment 63337

The round one is a perfect example of what is called soft chicken salami here :)
Amazing! Those are the meatiest meat soaps! Thanks for sharing. 🤣

I suspect that @Tara_H is too shy to show off her early HP butchery here, so I'll allow to do so:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/thoughts-on-chocolate-soap.83475/#post-882840https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...ve-you-done-today.42556/page-1046#post-883424
ETA: My own personal strategy lazy excuse to avoid soap looking like meat is to just not use colourants from the red/pink corner of the colour palette.
Yeah, I am a bit careful now. Mine had glycerin rivers, which looked like fat marbling in meat. 😭

I have no doubts that your soap would be a hot seller at a bullfight.

My first version of meat soap was not so dramatic. A more recent batch has already been shredded for confetti.
I don’t know....it’s pretty good! I was actually going to approach a butcher to make soap in exchange for the fat to render, but I *really* didn’t like the smell of rendering it. @Dawni I used peppermint EO, but still think I can smell the tallow. 🙁

Marta
I keep reading but do not know first hand that oak moss works wonders for covering tallow/lard smells.
Cheers
gww

@Martha hopefully the tallow smell mellows down over time...

My own personal strategy lazy excuse to avoid soap looking like meat is to just not use colourants from the red/pink corner of the colour palette.
Or use them but don't use the white colorants with it LOL

My meat soaps came about when I added zince oxide to part the batter and attempted to swirl - in HP I think that way has more chances of getting meat soap, given the gloppiness lol

But then again thin whispy white parts in a red/pink CP soap might very much look like beef too lol. Depends how you swirl I guess.

I have no photos, but you could witness the coral/red because it ran down the sides of the shower every time you used it. It never stained my cloths or the shower, but it was a disgusting meat juice picture every time I used it. I finally just threw it all away...before I thought about using it as confetti...but am glad it was a small batch AND that I didn't think to use it in confetti! LOL

I think you win with this one. I would buy those at the grocery store 🤣
Yes, that marbling would make for some good 🥩wouldn’t it. 🤤 I assumed this batch was a flop but I was wrong. So far it’s my only loaf that I had to purposely hide the last bar for posterity before they had all been claimed! It didn’t hurt that the fragrance was sandalwood & vanilla.

Meat soap? Meat soap! Why yes....I made a fantastic peppered salami meat soap this year!
7271A8C9-6E09-48C1-BFC5-7235E74DF13D.jpeg

This is a shot of the end cuts which show its meatiness nicely. The soap was a tad oily on cutting but it soaked in during cure. People still loved it as i cut it into bulky bricks and sold it as man-soap. Scent is Rosewood lime

BAA58259-1618-483F-8809-B046716E37DE.jpeg

And this is the cut bars - it's hard to see the oily sheen of this meat-tastic soap but I had a good laugh over this batch for weeks!

Meat soap? Meat soap! Why yes....I made a fantastic peppered salami meat soap this year!View attachment 63368

This is a shot of the end cuts which show its meatiness nicely. The soap was a tad oily on cutting but it soaked in during cure. People still loved it as i cut it into bulky bricks and sold it as man-soap. Scent is Rosewood lime

View attachment 63369

And this is the cut bars - it's hard to see the oily sheen of this meat-tastic soap but I had a good laugh over this batch for weeks!
The pepper crust is perfection!

Back