Goat Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:dance::dance::dance:
I just returned from two of our local South Asian markets where I scored some Halal goat fat. Apparently I can stop by daily to pick up more until I get enough to render a decent quantity of clean fat for soap. The markets are in the same small shopping plaza, so I can stop by both easily, and they are only 2 miles from my house near other places I run to on errands.

I want to make soap using goat fat with goat milk, oatmeal, and honey. Probably over the top? But it sounds like a fun idea to me. 🙂 Has anyone else done this? Or maybe something similar?

I left a bar of sunny duck soap at the first market, and a tip at the second. There was no charge for the fat. I will say that the men behind the counter thought it was rather strange that I was looking for fat to make soap. 🤣

:dance::dance::dance:
I just returned from two of our local South Asian markets where I scored some Halal goat fat. Apparently I can stop by daily to pick up more until I get enough to render a decent quantity of clean fat for soap. The markets are in the same small shopping plaza, so I can stop by both easily, and they are only 2 miles from my house near other places I run to on errands.

I want to make soap using goat fat with goat milk, oatmeal, and honey. Probably over the top? But it sounds like a fun idea to me. 🙂 Has anyone else done this? Or maybe something similar?

I left a bar of sunny duck soap at the first market, and a tip at the second. There was no charge for the fat. I will say that the men behind the counter thought it was rather strange that I was looking for fat to make soap. 🤣
I have done a goat milk, goat tallow, honey, oatmeal soap! You're going to love the goat tallow. It's awesome stuff!

Here's mine just for funzies. 😁
1696374526253.png1696374554030.png

This one was not 100% goat tallow. The goat tallow alone is gets a bit too mushy when wet, so I like to add some lard. I also like using it at around 60% with lard and some liquid oils when I want to do some intricate designs because the tallow alone moves really fast.

I have done a goat milk, goat tallow, honey, oatmeal soap! You're going to love the goat tallow. It's awesome stuff!

Here's mine just for funzies. 😁
View attachment 74707View attachment 74708

This one was not 100% goat tallow. The goat tallow alone is gets a bit too mushy when wet, so I like to add some lard. I also like using it at around 60% with lard and some liquid oils when I want to do some intricate designs because the tallow alone moves really fast.
I was pretty sure I was not the first person to think of this idea @MellonFriend. 😁 I hope to have enough goat tallow to try this over the weekend.

Hi Cathy, did you get a chance to try this? I'd love to know how it turns out. I'm so jealous you have that locally. I called the single owner butcher shop up the street, and they were very confused when I asked if they sold lard/tallow or fat trimmings I could buy for rendering. I think I'm going to try again and ask for the owner/manager.

On an unrelated note, I think I saw in one of your challenge posts with the butterfly swirl that your daughter likes butterflies, and there's a wonderful butterfly conservatory in Deerfield, called Magic Wings, iirc. I loved going there as a kid - I think it's time for a visit for me!

Latest posts

Back