Shape molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyStacy

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance - I have only ever made liquid soap, not bar. Can you put soap into a "shape" mold, or are those only for M&P? I'm guessing not CP, what about HP?

You can use shaped molds for both CP and HP. CP will seep into the shape better, although maybe not as well used for elaborate molds with tons of detail. You will likely have to soap cooler with some of the plastic molds. HP soaps can use shapped molds, just make sure what temp the mold can withstand. Silicone is great for all soaps! AND you can buy two part silicone molding compound to mold anything you want!

Jaime

Most silicone shape molds can be used for cp.

I have a wilton silicone flower mold, heart mold & muffin mold that I use for cp.

Interesting to know, thanks! I might have to try it sometime. I particularly like the oval shapes. I just never use bar soap, but I suppose I could give it a go.

SoapyStacy said:
Interesting to know, thanks! I might have to try it sometime. I particularly like the oval shapes. I just never use bar soap, but I suppose I could give it a go.

I'm currently using PVC pipe for my CP soap, they turn into cute little round bars!

I used to use liquid soap too (didn't like the bars all that much) but I found a bar soap for my hair and I LOVE the way it makes my hair feel. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Latest posts

Back