Sea Water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absinthe

Reaction score
An idea came to me and I figured someone must have already done this so, let's see what happens when I put it out there...

I travel to Hilton Head Island a couple times a year. Sometimes we bring back shells, or driftwood, or sand... well we always bring back sand whether we want to or not :)

I am thinking of bringing back a bit of sea water next time. If I lean towards a bastille perhaps 72% olive and some coconut and castor perhaps I can come up with my own Hilton Head island Ba-bastille, as a nice souvenir of the trip..

Any hints or tips for seawater? Will I have to increase the fluid to get enough lye to dissolve in it?

i know there has been this same question asked sometime back.....I didn't search it, but I know it's there. If that's any help to ya. You thinking of adding some to your Dill Pickle soap?? :lol:

are you allowed to carry that much liquid on planes? what if the bottle gets crushed in luggage if you check it :(

I don't fly there, I drive. Hopefully the bottle doesn't get crushed in my luggage. Who knows, maybe I can bring some lye with me and just make soap while I am there and worry about transporting the soap back with me...

ocean water

Using ocean water in soap is now on my 'to do' list :D
We have a place at the beach, and our beach water was voted one of the cleanest in 2009 in a study that tested for pollution....that was the one hestiation I had about using ocean water :cry:
I have had requests from a few local shops to make soap with the ocean water --- they think it will be a big seller as a souvenir I plan to make a couple test batches this winter....
Susan

You can come here and get some Ian. I have tons of ocean around me. don't be showing up here without the massage table though!!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back