Scented Expressions - anyone ordered from them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to order put in a final order of stuff I needed for Christmas baskets, some soap things, some B&B. Scented Experience seems to generally have a pretty comprehensive inventory of soap and B&B materials. Does anyone have experience with their product quality, speed of delivery, customer service, etc? Their pricing seems pretty good. I did do a search here on the forum and came across a number of people asking about them but not much in the way of reviews. Thanks for any input. Company website link is: Scented Expressions Soaping Cosmetic Wax Supplies

ETA: mods, hope it is ok to post this here, wasn't sure if it should go someplace else but am happy to move it/have it be moved.
ETA2: misspelled the name in the title line, want to blame it on spellcheck but it's really my aging brain.

Last edited:
I have ordered from them once. Loved the pricing and all the scents I received. It did take over a week for them to ship the scents to me. I like all the scents, especially their Snowy Peach Berry. I can’t find that fragrance anywhere ese. It smells so dang good and is still strong during cure. I also bought kumquat, champagne margarita and Cherry limeade. Haven’t soaped the last two.

Thanks, @AliensrReal! I am glad, albeit surprised, your order was delivered so quickly! I ended up googling them, and as @Jersey Girl mentioned, they do have an unfortunate reputation for taking a really long time to get things out. It's understandable, it appears to be a very small family run business which is doing the best job they can in providing very good selection and pricing. But when I saw the reviews I was just too nervous about getting stuff too late to make large volumes of stuff (from my non-selling persective) for Christmas presents and ordered from a company with a shorter lead time. I did leave a bunch of the non-time sensitive things in my cart and will go back to order those in a bit. Will definitely check out the Snowy Peach Berry!

It wasn’t delivered quickly at all. Two weeks for them to ship it out. When I ordered they said it would take 15-21 business days to ship. So, I was prepared to wait it out. In that regard it was shorter than the estimated time frame. Their old website showed the processing times so I knew what I was getting into when I ordered.

Oh, I misread your post, I thought you got it in that amount of time, not that it took that long to ship. Before your last post I went back and went through the checkout process to see when I would get the order if I went through with it (in responses to the bad reviews the owners said that they had the processing time on the checkout page), and as you say above, they seem to have removed that feature.

IMO, that is a mistake, it is best to have that "buyer beware" warning so that people are not caught unawares if they are expecting a faster turnaround. I would have been really sad/frustrated if I got my order in the second week of December.

That is a good idea. I would like to be able to use them consistently if their stuff is good. Also just realized they have free shipping on orders over a pretty low amount ($15.00 or $20.00, can't find where I saw that now), that's pretty great if you don't have to wait too long.

I ordered from them once, attracted by their good prices and selection. It took about a month to receive my order, and when I finally got it one item was backordered and took another couple of weeks. I haven't tried them since.

I’ve ordered so many different items from them for many years and have been very satisfied with the products and quality.

It wasn’t delivered quickly at all. Two weeks for them to ship it out. When I ordered they said it would take 15-21 business days to ship. So, I was prepared to wait it out. In that regard it was shorter than the estimated time frame. Their old website showed the processing times so I knew what I was getting into when I ordered.
Your order was placed Oct 14th and shipped Oct 20th. 5 business days is pretty quick. We haven't had 15-21 day processing times since Aug or Sept. We do try to keep our processing times as accurate as possible and 95% of the time we are quicker than posted times.

Oh, I misread your post, I thought you got it in that amount of time, not that it took that long to ship. Before your last post I went back and went through the checkout process to see when I would get the order if I went through with it (in responses to the bad reviews the owners said that they had the processing time on the checkout page), and as you say above, they seem to have removed that feature.

IMO, that is a mistake, it is best to have that "buyer beware" warning so that people are not caught unawares if they are expecting a faster turnaround. I would have been really sad/frustrated if I got my order in the second week of December.
Our new site just launched, so we no longer have processing times posted in the cart. We have an optimized one page checkout now. They are posted at the top of the homepage.

Your order was placed Oct 14th and shipped Oct 20th. 5 business days is pretty quick. We haven't had 15-21 day processing times since Aug or Sept. We do try to keep our processing times as accurate as possible and 95% of the time we are quicker than posted times.
Then maybe it was the other company I ordered from that took that long. One of my orders took longer than I thought thought it your company. My bad. Your processing time did say 15-21 business days when I ordered. So I wasn’t concerned about the time to ship and wasn’t even upset about it. It was worth it to get snowy peach berry.

Latest posts

Back