Anyone order from this merchant...?

Discussion in 'Shopping Recommendations' started by wearytraveler, Dec 15, 2016.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Dec 15, 2016 #1

wearytraveler

wearytraveler

wearytraveler

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I'm sure a mod will move it if needed. Has anyone ordered oils/butters from Jedwards International, Inc? (http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/) I'm looking to refill my avocado oil and they seem to have a really good price. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    moved

2. Dec 15, 2016 #2

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

I haven't myself, but know someone who has ordered from them (a non-soap maker) and was happy enough with them.

ETA: just saw a youtube video from MissouriRiver Soaps, where she stated she ordered shea butter from jedwards.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    wearytraveler likes this.
  3. Dec 15, 2016 #3

shunt2011

shunt2011

shunt2011

Staff Member Admin

I would check Soapers Choice. I just checked your linked site and unless you can pick it up their shipping is expensive (20.00) + 30.00 for the oil to me. Soapers Choice was much better (6.45) and only 27 something a gallon.

4. Dec 15, 2016 #4

Soapmaker145

Soapmaker145

Soapmaker145

I order some things from them. They have good quality oils. Soaper's choice is cheaper for me because of shipping. For the oils I've ordered, they always sent me a certificate of analysis that included the saponification value for the specific batch they sent me. Their quality control is excellent.

5. Dec 15, 2016 #5

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

Yes they are very reputable. I purchase some of the exotic oils from them. But as mentioned, if you are on the East Coast Soaper's Choice may be a better answer, on the West Coast try Cibaria Soap Supply. Be aware, they have cosmetic grade at Soaper's Choice that are not pure oils, but a mix of oils to give the same profile as the pure oils at a reduced price. I was given a gallon of cosmetic grade Avocado. It soaped exactly the same using the Sap for Avocado and I could tell no difference. I did not try it in lotion since it was an older bottle of oil of oil

6. Dec 15, 2016 #6

Omneya

Omneya

Omneya

WoW! I am glad you posted this. They are not that far from me. Good to know a company is close. :dancingsanta:

7. Dec 15, 2016 #7

Soapsense

Soapsense

Soapsense

Wow, they are near me too! But now I think of it, I think I contacted them a few years ago about pick up at their facility, and they said it had to be shipped. But maybe they have changed that.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  8. Dec 16, 2016 #8

wearytraveler

wearytraveler

wearytraveler

Thanks to all for the replies.

9. Dec 16, 2016 #9

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Cibaria in Riverside, right? Aren't they the ones that require a you be a business in order to purchase them?

10. Dec 16, 2016 #10

HowieRoll

HowieRoll

HowieRoll

If you are referring to Soaper's Choice (and not Cibaria - I wasn't clear about which one is near you), then you can pick up from their facility. I am a lucky duck in that they are a 15 minute drive from my mother-in-law and I've picked up an order from them (last time was in April). There is a side door where you ring the bell and someone will come out, get your name, and then wheel your order right out. If you are lucky, you'll get a glimpse of their warehouse - impressive!

11. Dec 16, 2016 #11

Soapsense

Soapsense

Soapsense

I was referring to the place the OP was asking about http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/)
    It's in Braintree, MA

12. Dec 16, 2016 #12

HowieRoll

HowieRoll

HowieRoll

^^oopsie, I just missed the boat on that one! :)

Soapsense likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted