RTCP Whipped Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewenique

Reaction score
I did a modified version of this technique - I chilled the oils, then whipped them together with a hand mixer before letting the mixture come to room temp (84), then added room temp lye solution and mostly stirred by hand, but did do a couple short blasts with the SB. Anyways, since there wasn't much change in texture after stirring in the lye, I really didn't know when to pour. The texture was thick like stiff icing or meringue. I did CPOP (preheated oven, turned off heat and just used the oven light for 6 hours). I didn't unmold until 25 hours after pouring. The soap tended to stick to the sides and bottom of the mold and small chunks pulled off the corners. It cut pretty smoothly, and there is no zap. So my questions are: With whipped soap, how can you tell when it's ready to pour into the mold, and is it typical for whipped soap to cling to the mold? What suggestions do you whipped soaps pros have for the next time I try this? Thanks!

I have done a few batches of whipped soap, carefully following nizzy's excellent instructions. I did alter my recipe and recalculate my lye however.
I made soap cupcakes and used the whipped part for the "icing", I was amazed after the cure how hard it got, as hard as regular soap. Be prepared for a mess though, I got it everywhere.

Thanks for the links! I have read Nizzy's, but hadn't seen the other. These sites answered my questions, although I didn't see anything about adding CPOP to the mix...

Back