Rice Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamorgan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried rice milk soap? I recently found purple rice naturally color the water, so I decided to use the water in my lye solution. It was dark purple, then it turned into orange color when lye was added. My next experiment would be using cooked purple rice version and wondering if anyone ever used rice to make soap?

I haven't tried purple rice though! Let me know hehehe..

As mentioned, I've used the water used to wash the rice, pureed cooked rice, and rice flour... I haven't used the milk - the one that's fermented - but I hear its awesome alone.

My rice soap is easily the most fluid, and then the hardest bar once it cures. That soap is my bestseller. I love rice lol

As mentioned, I've used the water used to wash the rice, pureed cooked rice, and rice flour... I haven't used the milk - the one that's fermented - but I hear its awesome alone.

My rice soap is easily the most fluid, and then the hardest bar once it cures. That soap is my bestseller. I love rice lol
I'm making rice soap right now. I CP so I'm waiting for my lye and oils to cool down. I'm really looking forward to trying it after everything you've said about rice soap, @Dawni. I'm using Jasmine rice and fragrancing it lightly with Jasmine FO. I just want a hint of fragrance in this one.

@aquamorgan, I'd love to see your rice soap. Mine is now in the mold. I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved it was. Because I used a floral FO, I expected it to accelerate; it didn't. I did SB until trace, which took a couple of minutes. It was the perfect texture for doing my usual top.

20200829_102421.jpg

@aquamorgan, I'd love to see your rice soap. Mine is now in the mold. I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved it was. Because I used a floral FO, I expected it to accelerate; it didn't. I did SB until trace, which took a couple of minutes. It was the perfect texture for doing my usual top.
I always love the tops on your soaps, @Misschief! So by "rice soap," did you mean rice water, or rice milk? With rice on our dinner menu tonight, I'm curious to give it a try. :)

I used rice water; I let my rice soak overnight, then drained off the water to use with the lye (which became almost a gel). Then, I cooked the rice until it was mushy and blitzed the rice, with some of the cooking water, until it was smooth. I added about 25 grams of that slurry to my 1000 gm batch. I also added 1 Tbsp of rice flour. Incidentally, I only cooked up 1/4 cup of rice.

I used rice water; I let my rice soak overnight, then drained off the water to use with the lye (which became almost a gel). Then, I cooked the rice until it was mushy and blitzed the rice, with some of the cooking water, until it was smooth. I added about 25 grams of that slurry to my 1000 gm batch. I also added 1 Tbsp of rice flour. Incidentally, I only cooked up 1/4 cup of rice.
Thank you, sounds fun! Did you discount the total water due to the slurry?

Exactly how I do it too hehehe

Exactly how I do it too hehehe
And we didn't even confer on that! After it had saponified in the bowl, I tried a little of the raw soap. It lathered nicely and already felt really nice on my hands (fresh soap on my face is a definite no!). I can only imagine what it will be like when it's cured.

Thank you for sharing, now I really want to try it.

I'm making rice soap right now. I CP so I'm waiting for my lye and oils to cool down. I'm really looking forward to trying it after everything you've said about rice soap, @Dawni. I'm using Jasmine rice and fragrancing it lightly with Jasmine FO. I just want a hint of fragrance in this one.

View attachment 49042
I will surely share :) Got to go to cook some rice now. LOL

I am intrigued... so you pour off the rice water after it's soaked. Do you then cook the rice in 'fresh' water before blending into a slurry? I definitely want to try this.

I am intrigued... so you pour off the rice water after it's soaked. Do you then cook the rice in 'fresh' water before blending into a slurry? I definitely want to try this.
Yup, pretty much. I let the rice soak overnight, poured off (and saved) the soak water to use to dissolve the lye, then cooked the rice in fresh water. I used some of the cook water to make the slurry.

Back