Rice Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tell me @Dawni and @Misschief - is your rice soap quite hard? I've just used my regular recipe, but with the rice water for the lye solution, and the additional slurry, and after 3 weeks it's almost hard as nails! My recipe doesn't usually get that hard until the bars are about 4 (or more) months old!
Yes, I find the bars are pretty hard, one of the things I like about this recipe.

I guess I have a new project this weekend LOL
Allsa Isa knows is that I used to be made fun of in my late twenties because I made my rice like pasta - boiled then drained - and now I am vindicated. And no, I don't remember if it was long grain, and it doesn't matter. Vindicated I say! 😄🤣😄🤣

Has anyone tried rice milk soap? I recently found purple rice naturally color the water, so I decided to use the water in my lye solution. It was dark purple, then it turned into orange color when lye was added. My next experiment would be using cooked purple rice version and wondering if anyone ever used rice to make soap?
I am a beginner but use rice water for hair recipe's so I have loads. I will need to try this. 👍

@Misschief @Dawni - here's the purple rice soap when pouring into the mould and when it cuts (soda ash on the surface) - but I still love the colour. Green is from parsley.View attachment 49254View attachment 49255
That is amazing ❤️ where is the best place to buy all your stuff I am a beginner but have sold one using MP but want to try using Lye, hadn't tried the other processes yet I need help pls❤️🙏

Latest posts

Back