Recommendation Needed : Masculine Scents

Discussion in 'Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews' started by thetoe, Dec 20, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Feb 13, 2020 #41

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

I have mixed equal parts Sandalwood and Frankincense, and found it to be a good scent for guys.

2. Feb 13, 2020 #42

Tee

Tee

Tee

In reference to -the first batch that cured faster than the four week time frame due to being processed in individual cavity molds while also using Sodium Lactate. Five weeks will be the cure time now since I started loaf molding, and the first batch of that will be due in 3 weeks. Dropping the Sodium Lactate will drag out cure time as well.
    CURIOUS...how does individual mold vs loaf mold affect your curing time? I dont think this makes a difference in cure time, the loaf is cutting intosingle bars....

3. Feb 14, 2020 #43

Pepsi Girl

Pepsi Girl

Pepsi Girl

Lifetime Supporter

Pumpkin lager, Red Santal (my husbands favorite), Anise

4. Feb 14, 2020 #44

Satinfox

Satinfox

Satinfox

It's interesting that when you spray a perfume on, after a while you can no longer smell the purfume. So, if we really can't smell ourselves wearing a scent, then why wear it? It's for the other person. And, when you go to the fragrance counter the purfume bottles are marketed for women or men. I always think men must like smelling floral fragrances... and women must like woodsy fragrances... because these companies have researched and developed scents that are attractive to the opposite gender. I , personally, like to think that it just depends on the person. However, clove is a scent we hear guys asking about.

Millie likes this.
  5. Feb 14, 2020 #45

DonS

DonS

DonS

Missed your question the first time around!

Honestly, I cannot figure it out. Nevertheless, that is what happened. It might have had something to do with the Sodium Lactate I was using at the time as well.

Just for continuity, I am keeping cure times at a steady 5 weeks regardless. I dropped Sodium Lactate for the time being. If I do ever re-introduce it, it will be at 1/2 strength...in other words 1tsp for 2lbs of oil rather than 1tsp per pound which is the recommended usage.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  6. Feb 14, 2020 #46

DonS

DonS

DonS

Very good point. However, that does not totally line up with male to male and female to female attraction. So, this is more complex than gender per se. It could be preconceived notions of gender that also play into it.

7. Feb 14, 2020 #47

DonS

DonS

DonS

I might be willing to try this and see what people think, but quite frankly I find Frankincense so repulsive that I cannot bear to be around it.

8. Feb 14, 2020 #48

JakeBlanton

JakeBlanton

JakeBlanton

I'm an old fart and probably a bit opinionated on this, but as far as I'm concerned, all too many women (especially older women) seem to think that by putting on perfume by the gallon, they can avoid taking a shower in the morning. Their sense of smell has disappeared and they have no idea how repulsive that smell is to people. I have avoided many elevators that had women in it that apparently used perfume by the gallon. There is ONE perfume that a woman had on back in the '70s that I thought was acceptable. It had a very light flavor and was not flowery. I have no idea what it was and have not smelled it on any woman since then. EVERY other perfume, I find disgusting. The best smell on any woman is just being CLEAN with a normal deodorant soap. I would hazard to guess that the same goes for guys.

9. Feb 14, 2020 #49

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I do apologize, I must have had a "senior" moment and misread. I do that once in a while. :eek:

Mistrael and BrSoaper like this.
  10. Feb 14, 2020 #50

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

Kiti Williams

The Frankincense mellowed the Sandalwood, this has a muskier smell with low tones.

Mistrael likes this.
  11. Feb 14, 2020 #51

Satinfox

Satinfox

Satinfox

It just depends on the person.

12. Feb 14, 2020 #52

Satinfox

Satinfox

Satinfox

Clean is always welcomed.

JakeBlanton likes this.