Recommendation Needed : Masculine Scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetoe

Reaction score
You guys have been so much help so far, I'm hoping you can share some wisdom here. What are some of your favorite FO's for a masculine scent?

Strangely enough, to me at least, the guys I work with go crazy over the Oatmeal & Honey and Lemongrass Verbena soaps and lotions. Both of which I always considered to be more feminine scented. Granted, I think the OH is a classic scent that pretty much everyone loves.

A guy my fiance works with keeps ordering the Tea Tree soap. From what I was told the last time he bought some, everyone in his house was trying to steal it from him.

My sales for men's soap fragrances continue to be DB, DB & Nag Champa 50/50 thanks to Steve, Werewolf, DB & Peppermint, Vanilla & Patchouli, Deadly Weapon, Plumeria and Lemongrass. List in in order of popularity.

Is DB dragons blood? Are you guys getting all these from natures garden?

While I’ve done a couple of tiny holiday markets, I don’t sell.

Lavender (I use 40/42 eo, mixed with straight lavender fo) is as popular with the men as it is females. Not kidding. My 23 yr old boy loves it too.

BBs Arabian Spice is one I always keep on hand for men.

Whats the general consensus on vendors for FO's? Are there any vendors that stand out from the rest?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I placed an order on NG. Whats been yalls experience with Natures Garden? How are they in general compared to the FO's from other vendors?

Perfect man and Cracklin Birch from Natures Garden are my top sellers to men. As well as cedar and balsam.
Don't you just love different customer bases. I cannot give Cracklin Birch away and I love it.

Tobacco & Amber Leaf from WSP and Caramel Tobacco from California are also big men's fragrances for me. If I had to buy DB from a supplier I would buy from Soapalooza or Pure Fragrance Oils. DB from Nature's Garden is pretty weak in my opinion. Egyptian Dragon from Natures Garden is nice. I do get my Werewolf and Deadly from NG.

My best seller was a Lavender/Rosemary scented soap! The next favorite was Bergamont/Lemon Grass scent. One guy, big burly type went gaga over the Lavender/Vanilla scent. I just supply the scents, and my customers pick what they like.

If I had to buy DB from a supplier I would buy from Soapalooza or Pure Fragrance Oils. DB from Nature's Garden is pretty weak in my opinion.
@cmzaha Thank you for the DB recommendations. I am really in love with your DB, so if we can't get more, it's good to know where your nose takes you. I've smelled NG's DB and didn't care for it at all. I used BCN's old DB and I'd say that it was right up there with my favorite, it soaped well but discolored horribly (no amount of VCS saved it). I see BCN has a new 2019 formulation but haven't ordered it yet to try it.

Thanks for the replies! I placed an order on NG. Whats been yalls experience with Natures Garden? How are they in general compared to the FO's from other vendors?
I really like NG! I get a lot of my fragrances from them, and they carry tons of other soap/lotion/candle/cosmetic supplies. Yet, as with any company you will get a few "duds" here and there, causing you to have to order from multiple suppliers, but NG is one of my main go-to(s).

@cmzaha Thank you for the DB recommendations. I am really in love with your DB, so if we can't get more, it's good to know where your nose takes you. I've smelled NG's DB and didn't care for it at all. I used BCN's old DB and I'd say that it was right up there with my favorite, it soaped well but discolored horribly (no amount of VCS saved it). I see BCN has a new 2019 formulation but haven't ordered it yet to try it.

Good to know about BNC. I have not smells the original and know that NG's is not as Strong (from what I hear here). But I changed the name so it isn't like someone knows what it is ;)

Back