Recent soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a •Pink Mojito• soap right now. Realized I needed a pink soap. First time making angled layers - fun! Will post pictures once they are ready to cut.

They are all super lovely but I am quite taken by the Vanilla Bean one. It's funny, I practice all kinds of swirls and designs, some complicated and involved, yet often my eye is drawn to simple elegance like the Vanilla Bean. You are inspiring me to practice refinement!

It also looks like there are tiny wispy swirls in it - or is that my imagination or marks from cutting?

They are all super lovely but I am quite taken by the Vanilla Bean one. It's funny, I practice all kinds of swirls and designs, some complicated and involved, yet often my eye is drawn to simple elegance like the Vanilla Bean. You are inspiring me to practice refinement!

It also looks like there are tiny wispy swirls in it - or is that my imagination or marks from cutting?
Thanks so much! And I agree that my eye is drawn to simpler designs. I have made the choice to stay away from swirls and such going forward. I love to see what others do which all the elaborate designs but I prefer to refine the simple esthetic that you mention.

The swirls are my first attempt at intentionally creating glycerin rivers. Every other time they have been unintentional!
Thanks again!

As my mama used to say - “DON’T EAT THE SOAP!”
My mama was usually washing my mouth with it. Does that count?
Working on a •Pink Mojito• soap right now. Realized I needed a pink soap. First time making angled layers - fun! Will post pictures once they are ready to cut.
Pink. Very “Florida.” Can’t wait to see.

My mama was usually washing my mouth with it. Does that count?

Pink. Very “Florida.” Can’t wait to see.
You had a tough mama!

I’m anxious to see the pink soap too! Cause I think it partial gelled....snarf!

You had a tough mama!

I’m anxious to see the pink soap too! Cause I think it partial gelled....snarf!
Full gel! Pics posted in picture gallery!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back