A Valentine's soap order request

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started early making soaps for Christmas. I got sick right at the heart of selling (last year was very productive). I ended up with a bunch of xmas soaps that I had no desire to package, label, and sell, being as sick as I was. Don't get worried, it wasn't covid, nor anything I was hospitalized for....just crazy coughing congestion/coughing. I tested neg for covid a few times. Just a regular cold. Maybe flu, I dunno. I didn't care to get a seperate swab up my nose for flu after three covid swabs LOL. Still working as usual. Even lost my voice for two weeks, then got called in to work to work for somebody who called out sick. I wasn't on call...just the only poor schmuck that cares anymore. So the sick person went in sick, to cover for the person who called out sick....

Anyway, that's my sob story for not selling soaps for xmas.

The other day a nurse that I work with asked me to make her Valentine's day soaps that she plans on putting in gift baskets for a Vday party she is having. She said she wants a "loaf", which is 8 bars for my molds. I told her that it was too late to make soaps for that, but I probably have something that would suit the gifts.

Then I had another unfortunate event...I had a leak in my garage. Which my garage isn't normally my soap storage spot, it was temporary while I painted the spare room that I usually stored them. A LOT of soap got ruined. Two pallets worth that were sitting on the garage floor.

All the soaps that have red in them are definitely christmasy. But I do have these....they are scented with cranberry. Not spicey cranberry. Its my favorite cranberry that I personally would use all year. Very real cranberry sweet/sour scent. CC FO 282 to be specific.

It is not the money that I am worried about. It is about fulfilling an order that came in too late to make valentine's soaps. I guess if I made the soaps tonight or tomorrow they would be good to use as gifts by VD.... Tonight is not going to happen, maybe tomorrow since I have off from work.

But in the meantime, I have these. Too Christmas? They aren't cleaned or beveled yet. I was thinking about wrapping some hemp string around them with a bow or a cigar wrap. She didn't ask for anything specific. Just soaps for her party gift bags.

cranberry layers.jpg

That's a lovely soap and definitely not too Christmassy!
I agree with the great suggestions you've had, the heart stamp is genius, and a non-cranberry name will just make it better!

Latest posts

Back