Pretty proud of this one...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum! My husband drinks coffee, like, a lot of coffee. Probably somewhere around a few pots a day. I'll have a few sits of his first cup in the morning and that's pretty much it. I've been on a smoothie kick recently. I have confession to make... I've never made any kind of smoothie before last week. It's so easy and an even easier way to make sure you are getting a healthy dose of fruit (and a good way to take those fruits and veggies that are about to expire).

Careful on the fruits in smoothies...lots of simple sugars hiding disguised as "healthy goodness." Speaking of....brought a bog of satsumas home from LA last weekend. So good....been eating at least 1 every day...again lots of sugar.

Yum! Actually the reason that I'm starting this is to convert my addiction of "unhealthy" sugars to "healthy" sugars. I'm trying to reprogram my brain. It's kinda a stepping stone. Just looked up Satsuma. They look yummy! I love any kind of citrus.

Yum! Actually the reason that I'm starting this is to convert my addiction of "unhealthy" sugars to "healthy" sugars. I'm trying to reprogram my brain. It's kinda a stepping stone. Just looked up Satsuma. They look yummy! I love any kind of citrus.

All our Louisiana friends on here just laughed. They are the sweet but homely sister of tangerines. Easy to peal, juicier (most years), seedless and abundant this time of year along the gulf coast. Just not as bright orange in color.

All our Louisiana friends on here just laughed. They are the sweet but homely sister of tangerines. Easy to peal, juicier (most years), seedless and abundant this time of year along the gulf coast. Just not as bright orange in color.

Citrus' don't grow well here in Maryland. I don't think I've ever seen a citrus tree :neutral: I love me some fresh peaches though. But they are pretty high in sugar compared to most citrus fruits. Getting way off topic here, hope that's okay?

Thank you! I only use natural colorants, excluding micas. There really is so much you can do with herbs and food purees. That orange ginger spice sounds neat! Do you know anything else about it? Did you also try it in cooking? Have fun!

I have used dried cilantro leaves and dried celery leaves too. They both work great!

The orange ginger spice is awesome, I have used it to infuse my oils a couple times and it makes a beautiful orange soap. I know it has paprika, dehydrated orange peel, ground ginger... I will have to look at it when I get home again but it's really nice. Oh I also used cardamom in a cardamom soap I made. It made a nice mild scrubbiness.

They are so pretty. You're very very good. I can't find enough M & P folks here, as I'm a newbie and so curious about everything M & P related. Now I know who to consult!!!

Latest posts

Back