First Pringles can pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First attempt at a Pringles can pour.
I got 7 pieces around 1.25" x 3".
Weights range between 4.5-5 oz each (hand-cut).

Colors:
Green- green nettle leaf powder
Red- rhubarb powder
White- natural color

Scent:
Trailhead (Essential Oils of Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedarwood)

73ABDF1F-C9EA-44C1-A265-78B0A149B60F.jpeg
C09ED5BA-3ABF-47EF-B619-DC4FF1A007DF.jpeg

Great soaps ! You've been busy ! I bet they smell lovely: Bergamot Patchouli and a wood scent is one of my favourites.
Thanks for the pics!

Great soaps ! You've been busy ! I bet they smell lovely: Bergamot Patchouli and a wood scent is one of my favourites.
Thanks for the pics!
Thank you I have been busy! I was as actually thinking I too really like this scent. It's my first scent that really smells like what a guy may like. Very outdoorsy smell. My wife likes it as well.

I love those colors! I have to say it looks like something I might want to get a slice of at the deli counter (I mean that in the best possible way 😂 ). It really looks fan-flippin-tastic.
😂. Thanks! Yeah that red looks very salami like and the right shape too! Everything has darkened up a lot so not really looking like lunch meat anymore. I'm liking the deeper colors better I think! 😊

Soaps look great!

PVC or ABS pipe is great for making round soap. With my usual recipe, I don’t even have to line mine, although I do use the freezer trick for easier unmolding.
Thanks! That's Awesome. I just did another small batch using the same Pringle's can with no parchment paper liner. It came out just fine after leaving in freezer for 30 mins. I am going to get some pvc however. 😊

Thanks! That's Awesome. I just did another small batch using the same Pringle's can with no parchment paper liner. It came out just fine after leaving in freezer for 30 mins. I am going to get some pvc however. 😊
The only concern with that is some Pringles cans are lined with aluminum, which is a hard NO for contact with soap, especially raw soap batter. If yours looks like shiny metal, best to discard that soap. 😞 Hopefully yours was more of a waxed cardboard lining?

The only concern with that is some Pringles cans are lined with aluminum, which is a hard NO for contact with soap, especially raw soap batter. If yours looks like shiny metal, best to discard that soap. 😞 Hopefully yours was more of a waxed cardboard lining?
Thanks didn't even think of that. I just cut a piece out of the can I used and dissected it. It's definitely "silver" looking on the inside. There is a thin plastic layer, almost like plastic wrap consistency, over this silver paper or whatever it is.

That being the case, it doesn't look like I'll need to throw these out, but good to know!

Hi, a sleeve of freezer paper. Helps with unmolding, any tube you use. Same as lining a loaf mold. I use 3" white pvc pipe. Get the flat "test caps", not the domed ones. I use a separate piece of paper, with end cap. Helps seal better. Cut holes in a cardboard box, for a stand. My tubes are 12" long. Seemed a manageable size. Good luck.

Last edited:
Pringles cans seem to be the spot on perfect size. I got PVC and it’s a smidge bigger than the diameter of the Pringles can, and it’s just enough to make my pull through tool loose. I end up with a wonky part of the circle when I use it. Same for the cylinder mold I invested in. I found I really love the Pringles can the best. I do line them every time with freezer paper. 🌸

@NativeSoap - I really like the unstructured look of your design on your round soaps! I feel like they could be a psychology test for what a person sees in them. Great job!

Hi, a sleeve of freezer paper. Helps with unmolding, any tube you use. Same as lining a loaf mold. I use 3" white pvc pipe. Get the flat "test caps", not the domed ones. I use a separate piece of paper, with end cap. Helps seal better. Cut holes in a cardboard box, for a stand. My tubes are 12" long. Seemed a manageable size. Good luck.
@Ford aqesome advice on the test caps, and paper to seal. thank you!

Pringles cans seem to be the spot on perfect size. I got PVC and it’s a smidge bigger than the diameter of the Pringles can, and it’s just enough to make my pull through tool loose. I end up with a wonky part of the circle when I use it. Same for the cylinder mold I invested in. I found I really love the Pringles can the best. I do line them every time with freezer paper. 🌸

@NativeSoap - I really like the unstructured look of your design on your round soaps! I feel like they could be a psychology test for what a person sees in them. Great job!
Good to know about the pull throughs. I don't have one yet myself.

And thanks! Yes, I could see how a person could come up with many different images on these lol.

Back