Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Dr today. My BP was 294/192...Im like WTH? I have never had high BP. Had to go directly to ER. they gave me a pill and 4 hours later I am fine and at home. NO idea what that was all about..........
But I am happy to be home :)
Sometimes the strangest things can raise your BP. I once ate a Hershey bar on my way to the doc and my BP was sky high. It seems that the candybar had enough caffeine to raise my BP, who knew?

I'm happy I have an ozone machine to clean smoking and other offensive odors from rooms. I just got an email from a one of the places I'll be staying saying they only have a smoking room available for my 4-night reservation. Luckily this little gadget (not super small, but not too large for convenience) works miracles to get horrible odors out of hotel rooms. I bought it last year in a Thrift Store on the off chance that it would still work and it works like a charm. I've used it several times in motel rooms on that trip since I bought it for a song.

I just have to remember to pack it in the car in the morning; I've set it on the bottom step of the stairs as a reminder.

I am happy. I make soaps, I've been 'getting out' talking people up about carrying my soaps. I'm a Lyricist/Musician/Singer. I write lyrics and practice my guitar and singing exercises. I'm a graphic designer/print technician. I'm on public assistance, food stamps, and medicaid. Just your regular poor person.

I actually made sales in the rain today.

AND i just put away 4 batches of Salt bars .............. that for some unknown reason I have been procrastinating to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to accomplish a lot today and won't have to rent a truck to go p/u furniture. Hooray. Son bought a new bed which will be delivered by the furniture store for $50 fee, cheaper than renting a truck. We got required documentation from HUD and went 2 doors down to the cable company to provide documentation that shows he lives at a residence and not a business (for some reason, it showed up in their records as a business and they refused to hook up Internet service without documentation to the contrary.) And the pièce de résistance was the free shower chair for him that we got at the senior center. I figured it's time for him to start utilizing more a few more services available to him as a disabled person that he apparently had no idea he could access. He is aware of some, but not all. I'm probably not aware of them all either, but while here I have hooked him up with 3 new services of which he had no former knowledge. So that makes me pretty happy

Happy happy happy! I got a return call from two people this morning about getting my son's internet cable service hooked up! First was the city zoning guy, who I'd left a message for on Monday and he called me back to talk about the issue. Even though we submitted paperwork from HUD yesterday, he still went ahead and called them up to verify my son's house is residential and not a business property. Then a few minutes later, the cable company called me to verify that his installation can be scheduled asap, so once again, my son will soon have internet! You just have to know who to talk to to get things done. Too bad it's so darn hoopy sometimes. (as in jumping through hoops)

My new shirt came in the mail yesterday and I'm wearing it today![emoji1]
Screenshot_2018-08-15-08-47-47.jpeg

@SoapAddict415 I LOVE that! I need it so much in my life, can I ask where you got it?

My happy... I cleaned the cat pee corner in the basement so now my house smells 1 million times better. This also prompted me to clean my soap lab floor. It's concrete, so needless to say a year of soap and oils spills had left it grimy and starting to get slick. It needs at least one more washing before I call it good enough. So being able to have bare feet in the soap lab while packaging or just tinkering around makes me happy. I'm still gonna wear shoes when making soap though. :)

I am almost done with outdoor summer shows!

@SoapAddict415 I LOVE that! I need it so much in my life, can I ask where you got it?

My happy... I cleaned the cat pee corner in the basement so now my house smells 1 million times better. This also prompted me to clean my soap lab floor. It's concrete, so needless to say a year of soap and oils spills had left it grimy and starting to get slick. It needs at least one more washing before I call it good enough. So being able to have bare feet in the soap lab while packaging or just tinkering around makes me happy. I'm still gonna wear shoes when making soap though. :)

I am almost done with outdoor summer shows!
Amazon! They have so many different t-shirts! I'm going to try to treat myself to 1 every month.

Back