Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Via video, I was able to see my granddaughter at her first job. She looks so professional in her scrubs with her hair up nice and neat, working in the doctors office! It's her summer job just once a week and ends next week because she has to go back to school. And it was only for a couple of months, but it was her FIRST JOB and working with medical professionals, so fitting as she plans to become a nurse.

I am so pleased! It makes me so happy to see her working toward her goals.

Had a weekend getaway with my husband for our first anniversary. We had a fabulous time. We wandered through a different city, enjoying new foods and craft beers, we even found a large arts festival! There were three soapers - one I have heard of and had soap from already. I did not buy soap, they were asking $7 and $8 per bar for 4 ounce or less bars! A little steep for me, and my personal stash is still ridiculous so I didn't feel guilty leaving soap unpurchased. Now I am off work this week so I am working on the "honey finish this crap you started" list that my husband made for me....

I'm happy :D:D:D, got my blood results back today. Everything is OK - sugar, thyroid function, liver, kidney function etc, even my cholesterol has gone down from 8.1 to 7.1, LDL has dropped from 5.6 to 5.0, Trig 2.0 to 1.8 only .1 out of the range, I've also lost 10kg and doctor is happy with the ongoing results .
:dance:

I just found out the seller gave me a $10.00 refund because the price was reduced for the item I purchased yesterday (after I purchased it, apparently). How nice is that? I doubt I would have noticed the price reduction, but there it is on the shop. Pretty good deal, too, I think.

So this is the one I ordered: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1468546752

I've been spoiled all weekend [emoji1]. I'm a low maintenance kind of gal. When we lived in a house, we barbecued almost every weekend. Now that we're in an apartment, that luxury is gone. So I was over the moon Friday when Ken brought home a slab of baby back ribs for dinner! Then today we went out for lunch and afterwards he surprised with a new phone! I cracked the screen on my old phone last month. It was about 4 years old and had a lot of pics so I covered it with packing tape to prevent any cuts. It still worked, I was content but now I can video chat and probably some other things that I haven't discoverd yet [emoji1][emoji3][emoji3].

Happy I get to Jam out to 80's Music on Pandora when I soap. I know the words so I just sing along and don't get distracted ... except for turning it up.

yeah I graduated from High school in '86 but was not a big hair girl. More of a Preppy as that was what my H.S. was like.

Very happy that my dental cleaning appt. this morning went well......no cavities or issues that need fixing. Happy sigh of relief! And our new insurance benefits kicked in to pay for it. Yay!

Happy I get to Jam out to 80's Music on Pandora when I soap. I know the words so I just sing along and don't get distracted ... except for turning it up.

yeah I graduated from High school in '86 but was not a big hair girl. More of a Preppy as that was what my H.S. was like.

I love 80's music (50's and 60's, too!). I graduated in '80 and had the Stevie Nicks look going on with my hair. The pic of her on the cover of her Bella Donna album was pretty much how I wore my hair back then. I was at the salon getting my long, straight hair permed every 4 to 6 months to keep up the look. lol

IrishLass :)

Went to Dr today. My BP was 294/192...Im like WTH? I have never had high BP. Had to go directly to ER. they gave me a pill and 4 hours later I am fine and at home. NO idea what that was all about..........
But I am happy to be home :)

Thats what the ER doc thought too! They did it manually and it was 196/159. Not good but much better. After all was said and done it got down to 123/84 and they let me go. I just got back from pharmacy with BP meds. I bought a BP cuff and it say I am now 149/115. I did it twice with out much variation in numbers.

149/115 is still high, but the 123/84 is what it should be. It might be an idea to keep an eye on it over the next few days, just write down your readings.

Back