Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very happy today to hear that that young Thai soccer team & their coach have all been rescued out from the flooded cave and are safe!
YES! That is amazingly great news, since just a few days ago they were saying it would probably take 2 more months, and they were already running out of oxygen!

all my flowers are even late this year. I have no veggies but my Echinacea is JUST starting to bloom and so are my Lilies.

So glad the boys and coach are out, that must have been scary for them.

1) yesterday I got the carport entry small gate/fence fixed (keeps chickens in and neighbor cats out !

2) Got a FREE Screen door, for chicken coop, for a quick fix but love the old creaky door and might save it for when I get a farm :)

3) An old friend is going to cut my PVC for me yesterday since I have no room to buy any more tools that big :)
I have not heard from him yet so hoping it went ok.

For the past several months now, I have been learning to play the first movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C♯ minor, "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2, (aka, Moonlight Sonata) on my piano. Last night was the first time I've been able to play it through without having to look at the sheet music! Sure, it was extra slow and stumbly in a few places (mainly the arpeggio parts) but it's finally solidifying in my mind! Yay!

When I first set out to learn it, I didn't think it would take this long or be as difficult to master (because of how deceptively simple it sounds to the ear), but it's been a bear for me, not only in regards to hitting those 9ths (which I'm just able to do if my fingers are on the very edge of the keys), but especially when it comes to the dynamics/expression.....there are so many subtleties throughout which I really need to be mindful of in order to make it come out sounding as lovely and emotive through my fingers as it always sounds in my imagination (i.e., louder/softer, faster/slower, a little hesitation here and there). I've listened to so many versions played on YouTube to make ones head spin, but I keep coming back to the one below. I have to say she's perfectly captured how my imagination perceives it. My goal is to eventually be able to play it as much like that as possible.

I FINALLY found a local supplier of MICAS!!! They sell a bunch of stuff and some of it for cold process (lye -both kinds- and oils and TD and molds!) i am sooooo happy!!! I had to dig around a lot and the prices on their micas are not specially cheap, but they are a lot cheaper than international shipping so thats great in my book. I sent then an email and waiting for them to answer about the fragrances they have. Cross your fingers for me, everybody!

I dont know if this should go here or in “post your gripe” lol, but anyways:
My parents left for vacation today, there are going to another state to my grandma’s house for two weeks. There are some family members living there and some more that are gonna be visiting. So i was thinking that my parents were gonna take the 4 comercial soaps we still have to use while there (because they stopped using them here since mine started being ready). Nope.
So my mother tells me that she’s gonna take “a few” of the soaps to use there and i was like “yeah, sure, no problem!” And off she went.
And then i went to check my soap stash... and she basically robbed it! She took like, i dont know, 10 soaps?
So one part of me is like “noooo my soaps!!!” Specially because she took one that is only 3 weeks cured. And the other is “oh well, hopefully the family will like them”

So there it is.
A few hours ago an aunt texted me “thank you for the soaps!” And i was like “sure!”...

I dont know if this should go here or in “post your gripe” lol, but anyways:
My parents left for vacation today, there are going to another state to my grandma’s house for two weeks. There are some family members living there and some more that are gonna be visiting. So i was thinking that my parents were gonna take the 4 comercial soaps we still have to use while there (because they stopped using them here since mine started being ready). Nope.
So my mother tells me that she’s gonna take “a few” of the soaps to use there and i was like “yeah, sure, no problem!” And off she went.
And then i went to check my soap stash... and she basically robbed it! She took like, i dont know, 10 soaps?
So one part of me is like “noooo my soaps!!!” Specially because she took one that is only 3 weeks cured. And the other is “oh well, hopefully the family will like them”

So there it is.
A few hours ago an aunt texted me “thank you for the soaps!” And i was like “sure!”...
So your mom is proud of your soaps! That's really wonderful!

Put out my Electric Mouse trap last night and caught a pesky Mole.
Not sure if it is the thing I saw in the Gripe thread, but Hey I am not complaining !
No more eating my Organic Chicken food !

I FINALLY found a local supplier of MICAS!!! They sell a bunch of stuff and some of it for cold process (lye -both kinds- and oils and TD and molds!) i am sooooo happy!!! I had to dig around a lot and the prices on their micas are not specially cheap, but they are a lot cheaper than international shipping so thats great in my book. I sent then an email and waiting for them to answer about the fragrances they have. Cross your fingers for me, everybody!

That is good news! Test them in small batches - or maybe make a single pound of plain batter, them scoop out a tablespoon to mix with a bit of mica to see if the colors stay true or morph on you.

Fantastic news! Is it time to lower the anti-rejection meds??
Still on the same amount of those but he went from 33 different meds a day to 12 now over the past year. Its been a 5 year journey since he first crashed on the table during a routine procedure but it sure taught me how to fight and how to be grateful for baby steps and small wins.

I am so excited! My daughter takes the red eye tomorrow night and will be home for a month!
This time last year we were taking her to school in California (we are in Atlanta). Her going so far away was super hard on me but she earned a full ride to Berkeley so I couldn't complain to much :)

I am so excited! My daughter takes the red eye tomorrow night and will be home for a month!
This time last year we were taking her to school in California (we are in Atlanta). Her going so far away was super hard on me but she earned a full ride to Berkeley so I couldn't complain to much :)
Yay!! Have an amazing month. enjoy every moment with her.

Latest posts

Back