Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered yarn over a week ago and it still hasn’t left the warehouse. **cue toddler tantrum

I know with physical stores closing and everyone trying to stay at home things are going slow and I don’t blame anyone for it. I’m just used to this company having a reasonably quick turn around and I want it now!!!

I try to stop being a child now.

I ordered yarn over a week ago and it still hasn’t left the warehouse. **cue toddler tantrum

I know with physical stores closing and everyone trying to stay at home things are going slow and I don’t blame anyone for it. I’m just used to this company having a reasonably quick turn around and I want it now!!!

I try to stop being a child now.

This is why I have SABLE! (Stash Accrued Beyond Life Expectancy

Speaking of knitting, here's my gripe (the picture says it all) ...

20200331_175244.jpg

This is why I have SABLE! (Stash Accrued Beyond Life Expectancy

I’m a little young for an accurate SABLE count, if I’m basing expectancy on my oldest known relative... that’s another 74 years!

I ordered sock yarn (plus free circular needles of a random size according to the current deals). I’m participating in Sock Madness again this year. It’s an international speed knitting competition (really just an excuse to knit socks with a bunch of people). The current round ends tomorrow at noon and I don’t like the yarns I have on hand. They’re all pretty but they don’t work together if the next round is color work. I can make it happen but I don’t know if I’d wear the combinations.

I will but, according to their website, they're not shipping anything at the moment. I did Gorilla Glue it together and it seems to be holding for now.

Good to know. I use their needles almost exclusively.

I’m a little young for an accurate SABLE count, if I’m basing expectancy on my oldest known relative... that’s another 74 years!

I ordered sock yarn (plus free circular needles of a random size according to the current deals). I’m participating in Sock Madness again this year. It’s an international speed knitting competition (really just an excuse to knit socks with a bunch of people). The current round ends tomorrow at noon and I don’t like the yarns I have on hand. They’re all pretty but they don’t work together if the next round is color work. I can make it happen but I don’t know if I’d wear the combinations.

Give yourself time, SABLE comes with knitting, ask me how I know!

Last edited by a moderator:
My gripe, outside everything else going on in this crazy world right now, is the amount of DIY, Homesteading, Prepping and other places all suggesting that SaHMs (and others) start making and selling soap. They don't specify exactly which kind of soaps to make, but it really gets my goat that they tell people to "make soap at home" and not a single one warns the reader that there is more to it than just mixing oils and scent, pour in a mold and use. From the pictures I've seen on these blogs, they're not always MP soaps either. While I'm all for people learning to make things like soaps and candles and being self-reliant, I can't help but feel some of these people are going to get hurt by either using the wrong equipment or improperly made/cured soaps and the experienced soapers are going to get the blame.

I managed to remind myself why I don't like crocheting much. My hand ached enough that I could not play with my daughter earlier.

I feel your pain there. Also, I crochet only while watching TV. I am finding that the TV has nothing I want to watch. And it makes me sleepy to watch something I am not completely invested in. So I am not doing much crocheting.

I feel your pain there. Also, I crochet only while watching TV. I am finding that the TV has nothing I want to watch. And it makes me sleepy to watch something I am not completely invested in. So I am not doing much crocheting.
My sister flat out told me not to bother crocheting because of my hands and the told that craft can play on them. She has a point- I can handle knitting (needle and loom) way better surprisingly.

Im grateful that newer soap makers have this place to ask questions (Hold on, the gripe is coming) The condescending, rude and just mean responses newer soap makers get on some of those facebook soaping groups just boggles my mind. Are those people that rude in real life? It's like walking into a cesspool of Ego. They weren't repetitive questions people asked a lot.
I try to then answer the questions (If I know the answer) in a super nice way to kind of distract from the ugly but its hard not to snap back.

Im grateful that newer soap makers have this place to ask questions (Hold on, the gripe is coming) The condescending, rude and just mean responses newer soap makers get on some of those facebook soaping groups just boggles my mind. Are those people that rude in real life? It's like walking into a cesspool of Ego. They weren't repetitive questions people asked a lot.
I try to then answer the questions (If I know the answer) in a super nice way to kind of distract from the ugly but its hard not to snap back.

I'm sorry to hear that,. Annemarie from teatree soapworks suggests a FB group, but now I'm scared to. It's much easier not to answer a question rather than taking the time to be mean. Oh well. It's a trying time.

Latest posts

Back