Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in Canada and wanted to order from Brambleberry ... until I got to checkout.

They use UPS (I HATE them, with them 1. you can be SURE you’ll get charged taxes and 2. they charge ridiculous brokerage fees on top of that) and it’s pretty expensive.

If you want to use USPS, they have ONE option and it’s more expensive than all the UPS options! WTH??? I kept deleting things from my order to make the package as light as possible and even with a package that was barely more than annato seeds and indigo powder, the USPS shipping was still like 25$.

I use USPS all the time and I’ve been sent packages way heavier than that for less than 15$.

I asked them about this and they never replied. :-((( Anyone know where else I can buy BLUE indigo powder? I have bought green locally, before I read here that it will make green soap. And weirdly, Brambleberry seems to be one of the only sources of BLUE indigo powder.

Please advise this Canadian girl. Thanks!

I’m in Canada and wanted to order from Brambleberry ... until I got to checkout.

They use UPS (I HATE them, with them 1. you can be SURE you’ll get charged taxes and 2. they charge ridiculous brokerage fees on top of that) and it’s pretty expensive.

If you want to use USPS, they have ONE option and it’s more expensive than all the UPS options! WTH??? I kept deleting things from my order to make the package as light as possible and even with a package that was barely more than annato seeds and indigo powder, the USPS shipping was still like 25$.

I use USPS all the time and I’ve been sent packages way heavier than that for less than 15$.

I asked them about this and they never replied. :-((( Anyone know where else I can buy BLUE indigo powder? I have bought green locally, before I read here that it will make green soap. And weirdly, Brambleberry seems to be one of the only sources of BLUE indigo powder.

Please advise this Canadian girl. Thanks!
Have you tried Voyageur Soap & Candle?

https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/products/natural-indigo-powder

I'm sorry to hear that,. Annemarie from teatree soapworks suggests a FB group, but now I'm scared to. It's much easier not to answer a question rather than taking the time to be mean. Oh well. It's a trying time.

Its not the page owners its the other members. The mods usually address it but its a shame it happens in the first place.

Im grateful that newer soap makers have this place to ask questions (Hold on, the gripe is coming) The condescending, rude and just mean responses newer soap makers get on some of those facebook soaping groups just boggles my mind. Are those people that rude in real life? It's like walking into a cesspool of Ego. They weren't repetitive questions people asked a lot.
I try to then answer the questions (If I know the answer) in a super nice way to kind of distract from the ugly but its hard not to snap back.
I actually don't know any soapmaking groups on facebook. I probably don't need that either if they are as rude as you say. I can see myself either being nice and leaving or being a little bit meaner and defending myself. Besides, I hate being on facebook most times.

It’s those who heard that Avatar thing was good (both the anime and James Cameron versions).

Or drinking games. Probably drinking games. My friend got us the live action DBZ movie for drinking games and riff tracks, we still have yet to do either...

I forgot the live action DBZ movie exists. I'll lump it with the Chun Li movie my circle got 1000 kinds of mad watching. I recognized the guy who played Gen in that movie (Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat) and wondered "What are you doing in this? WHY are you in this movie? Stop destroying my childhood, please..." 😄🤨😄

After fact gripe- I gave my daughter my DVD player and now I wanna watch Mortal Kombat (yes, I like that movie).

I can't say the word "review" I can write it out and read it in my head but I'm struggling to actually say the word. Aphasia sucks but I need to come back to that word.

My gripe is save on citrics 9 day turnaround time before they even ship. I get everyone is struggling right now but there was no movement on my order page whatsoever it just kept saying the order was confirmed. I just ordered the same thing on Etsy this morning and it shipped this afternoon.

That's actually pretty common behavior in some groups. Contribute what you can and learn what you can. New soapers need to know that there are few rules to soaping that are set in stone. A creative spirit and mind never stops growing. That is why we have soap pulling 😉

That's actually pretty common behavior in some groups. Contribute what you can and learn what you can. New soapers need to know that there are few rules to soaping that are set in stone. A creative spirit and mind never stops growing. That is why we have soap pulling 😉
I get it but there's also a right way to outline those rules and a rude way.

I remember when I first learned and I researched everything I could find about it and there was still important stuff I didn't know. Luckily I found this place before I found one of the Facebook groups

I agree with you. There is never a need to be rude. I know everyone is an empath these days lol but I've actually been one since I was around 13. So it's sometimes difficult for me to be involved too deeply with groups on and offline.
So hard for me not to call BS when I see it. Often I would contact new and lost soapers and help them one on one if I could.

Also, some of the forums I vistited had a lot unnecessary drama over simple new soaper questions. I mean they would gang up on them like bullies on a playground. If you disagree with one of the old heads, you've got to deal with the rest.

I've not been to a board where some of the experienced soapers were not as helpful as they thought they were. I often wondered were they deliberately misleading the new members or just didn't know wth they were talking about.

It's really sad because new soapers take their opinion as the gospel. I'm glad I never did. Research and more Research is something old and new soapers should never stop doing. If you can help the new soapers privately I'm sure they'd be grateful.

Gripe, I don't think we are ever going to see spring here. 60 yesterday. Snow flurries this morning, seriously, it's past the middle of April already. Granted we can't go anywhere but I could be working in the yard at least.

Snow in April is normal around these parts. I'm ready for warmer temps as well. Winter was mild compared to previous years. But I can't wait for it to end lol

Latest posts

Back