Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My On Demand is stuck in April and I dont want to get on the phone with Frontier to resolve. Can anyone help me?

My On Demand is stuck in April and I dont want to get on the phone with Frontier to resolve. Can anyone help me?
Is there a way to go into your settings and reset the date?

I'm all prepped to make salt bars I just need the rose shaped silicone mold that I'm expecting from Amazon today. So when I heard my buzzer ring, I got excited! Unfortunately, it was and Amazon delivery for the guy across the hall from me. It seems to me like it would be easier, more cost effective to have the driver going to an apartment complex/building, deliver ALL of the packages for that complex/building vs several drivers all going to the same place. I tried tracking my package that's supposed to be delivered today and it's not even listed as "out for delivery"! I'm getting more and more frustrated with Amazon logistics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all prepped to make salt bars I just need the rose shaped silicone mold that I'm expecting from Amazon today. So when I heard my buzzer ring, I got excited! Unfortunately, it was and Amazon delivery for the guy across the hall from me. It seems to me like it would be easier, more cost effective to have the driver going to an apartment complex/building, deliver ALL of the packages for that complex/building vs several drivers all going to the same place. I tried tracking my package that's supposed to be delivered today and it's not even listed as "out for delivery"! I'm getting more and more frustrated with Amazon logistics.

What logistics?

I tried tracking my package that's supposed to be delivered today and it's not even listed as "out for delivery"! I'm getting more and more frustrated with Amazon logistics.
The carrier gives you good faith estimate of when you should expect your package if all goes as they planned, which it often does not. Circumstances change, and unless tracking says it is delivered and it is not, you just have to be patient, and whining about it just wastes your time and that of others.

Why are you bothering Amazon? They shipped the package, and it's out of their hands. If you have an issue, it's with the carrier. If it never gets delivered, that's different.

The carrier gives you good faith estimate of when you should expect your package if all goes as they planned, which it often does not. Circumstances change, and unless tracking says it is delivered and it is not, you just have to be patient, and whining about it just wastes your time and that of others.

Why are you bothering Amazon? They shipped the package, and it's out of their hands. If you have an issue, it's with the carrier. If it never gets delivered, that's different.
The thread is called post your gripe. That was my gripe. Saying that I'm whining and wasting others time is just mean. If you don't want to read my posts then don't waste your time but you don't have to be mean!

To clarify, I was referring to wasting Amazon personnel time, not that of present company.
It was not my intention to be mean. I'm inclined to be terse, and tact is not my strong point. No offense intended, just enlightenment.

I pay for Amazon Prime and to me, 2 day delivery should mean two days. Once in a while, if there is a storm or fire that slows delivery down, I can understand that but repeated issues is poor service especially when you are paying for that extra service.

Personally, If I ship MY product using a carrier,and that carrier is late all the time, I would want to know it so I can address it with the carrier.

Gripe... I am tired but not enough to go to bed.
Now DD is making coffee so she can leave it in the fridge so she can have iced coffee in the morning

Well, did not expect my second post would be me gripping.

This guy lives within a hour of me and he offered to sell me some beef tallow. However, he doubled the price, for gas. I don't see why he can't put it in a box, surround the tallow in blankets and send it to me!

I can't shell out forty dollars cash for some beef tallow (he insisted in cash only).

Alfa, do you have any beef tallow/lard or palm kernal flakes? There's a lot of substitutes for coconut oil.

Nope, i am also almost out of lard and palm kernel is no where to be found. I just ordered coconut and palm but it wont be delivered today nor tomorrow probably. So basically i have olive, avocado, castor, almond and a bit of crisco.

FedEx said my 50# pail of LYE was to be delivered today. I sat around all day waiting
Now I get notification that it will be TOMORROW !!

Yes I called and complained. Seriously, you "missed getting it on the truck" when your email said it was out for delivery ??? You MISPLACED a Corrosive Chemical ???? :hairpulling:
Can't even begin to tell you how p.o'd I am.

Funny how when I asked for the Manager at the facility to call me... has NOT.

Nope, i am also almost out of lard and palm kernel is no where to be found. I just ordered coconut and palm but it wont be delivered today nor tomorrow probably. So basically i have olive, avocado, castor, almond and a bit of crisco.
I've heard people substituting beef tallow for vegetable lard/shortening. Maybe you'd have success with that?

I think soaping is gonna have to wait until tomorrow :/

So, my second gripe of the day. There is an amazing inventon called “menstrual cup” i have one, i love it. Well, yesterday a friend of mine finally said that she wants to try one, since i gave her my experience (and review). That is cool, right? I think she’s gonna love it. However. I am in Mexico, we both are and we have an institution called COFEPRIS. (Comisión federal para la protección contra los riesgos sanitarios), and they, since they are very greedy, i mean! "worried" about woman’s health, ruled menstrual cups as a medical devise and the brands need to pay, i mean, "get a permission" from them to sell their cups here. The lovely thing here is that this cups are FDA approved, and I’m sorry, i have more faith on the FDA than in to COFEPRIS. So, it is ilegal to sell cups here and now I need to find a seller that is willing to illegaly ship their cups here. Why? Because $. I am so pissed!

Last edited:
@Lin19687
I had a similar issue with a meal kit box this weekend!!! They said that my box would be delivered Friday. BF saw them stop outside the house...wait a second...and then drive away. No box. The email said delivery was not attempted and they would re-deliver the following day. So I got my meal box on Saturday evening at like 8pm, 24+ hours late. I had to throw out all the meat because it was warm.

@Alfa_Lazcares
I have a cup as well and I love it!! I have a MeLuna. If you have friends in the States that would be willing to receive and then ship it on to you, maybe you could get it that way?

@Alfa_Lazcares
I have a cup as well and I love it!! I have a MeLuna. If you have friends in the States that would be willing to receive and then ship it on to you, maybe you could get it that way?

No, I dont really have friends on the States, my boyfriend has family there, but they are not really close, so I wouldnt be comfortable asking them to get and ship it to me. I know there must be someone there selling the cups, at this point I dont really care which one. Mine is lena but i got it before the cofepris snifed the money so lena was able to sent it to me no problem. I have no idea if they still will, gonna ask them. So yeah, my evening turned in to researching (again!) cups that I can buy. And I think this thing killed the two mexican companies that started making cups a few years ago. None of them shop up on facebook anymore.

Latest posts

Back