Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ear infection that won't.go.away.

Spring is drunk and keeps snowing.

Bought the Kindle version of the Big Book of Kombucha but my phone doesn't have enough space to download it.

20180406_154603[1].jpg

Need I say more.
AMD I think we need to send Winter back to the POLE !

Bought Amazon stuff for Nephews B-day. SPECIFICALLY bought the ones that I could get delivered by SUNDAY (Prime).

get a notification a few hours after I buy (yesterday) that one will not arrive till Monday ! Email Amazon,they apologize, 1 free month prime (big whoop).
Then 2 hours later I get notification that an item that was suppose to be IN THAT SHIPMENT will get there Tuesday ??!?!!!! Kitten Love !!

Worst part is, my Nephew is in SEATTLE ~!~~~~ where Amazon IS !

I don't like to gripe, but placed an order with a company that I ordered once before and fell in love with one of there fragrance oils. First time I ordered it was between Christmas and New Years so you can expect slow shipping. This time it took a month. To make matters worse it wasn't until it made it to my province that I got a shipping number ( that said it's in transit) and one fragrance oil is back ordered. I have a P.O. Box as an address and to be fair there web site does say it would take longer for Canada post to deliver, since it's not there default shipper. So the same day the email came with the shipping number I get a call from FedEx about my address not being correct. Gave them my physical address and my work address. They were nice enough to send it to my work since it's closer. Emailed company to find out if they are shipping when it comes in or refunding my pay pal account. And so far after a week still no answer. And that's what really has me ticked. I can understand if they were waiting on there order to come in and that's why they delayed shipping. Nothing on there website says how they deal with back orders, and no items showing out of stock.

FB_IMG_1523560940353.jpg
see that pink swatch? Guess who's right smack in the middle? Yep. Yours truly. Supposed to start 8am tomorrow.

Dear Spring: it is time to take your drunk self home.

Please excuse my grumpiness, but post #165 needs to correct there to their. Sorry that drives me nuts.

The grumpiness stems from my stepdad hitting me 3 times yesterday and nearly broke my wrist. It is still hurting today. If their neighbor had not been outside and my calling him I know I would have had a broken wrist. That was all because I was trying to get him to give me the trash can he decided to empty, while using a walker on a hillside. Not sure if I mentioned it but 2 weeks ago he fell again and ended up with 15 staples in his head. All this followed the day before when my mom accused me of elder abuse when I told her to get out of the chair and go to the bathroom. She had been sitting in her chair for at least 6 hrs without getting up and she needs exercise. It has been on H**l of a week at the parents. I told my mom abuse goes to ways I am the one getting abused... Sadly my Mom has never been a peach and we were never extremely close even though we worked together. Today I manged to get him to the doctor for his hospital follow-up and she upped his meds. Hopefully it help or his is going somewhere besides here. This man is 6' 205lbs and extremely strong.

The grumpiness stems from my stepdad hitting me 3 times yesterday and nearly broke my wrist. It is still hurting today. If their neighbor had not been outside and my calling him I know I would have had a broken wrist. That was all because I was trying to get him to give me the trash can he decided to empty, while using a walker on a hillside. Not sure if I mentioned it but 2 weeks ago he fell again and ended up with 15 staples in his head. All this followed the day before when my mom accused me of elder abuse when I told her to get out of the chair and go to the bathroom. She had been sitting in her chair for at least 6 hrs without getting up and she needs exercise. It has been on H**l of a week at the parents. I told my mom abuse goes to ways I am the one getting abused... Sadly my Mom has never been a peach and we were never extremely close even though we worked together. Today I manged to get him to the doctor for his hospital follow-up and she upped his meds. Hopefully it help or his is going somewhere besides here. This man is 6' 205lbs and extremely strong.

Oh, Carolyn :(

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is not an easy job at all. My Brother used to work at a nursing home, he had the sympathy that an RN needed, but man there were times he was so overwhelmed !
I know that many want their parents to stay at home but sometimes, many times, it is better for ALL to have them in a home. It is never an easy decision for a variety of reasons :(
We need a HUG Smilie (I am too lazy to go find one to post :p )

Carolyn, I empathize. It is very hard when these things happen. Not only on you; it's hard on them, too.

When the cancer metastasized to my mom's brain, her personality changed so much and her ability to recognize us (dad, my brothers, me) was fleeting in and out, which was difficult enough. But when she started saying things like 'you're a terrible nurse' and things of that sort, it was devastating to hear. My poor dad had to prevent her from jumping out of their vehicle one day when they went for a ride and she tossed her engagement ring out of the window. Obviously he had to stop taking a drive with my mom alone after that. But the memory of that event had to have been horrible for him whenever it popped into his mind. It still bothers me, and I wasn't even there. I mourn not only my mom, but the loss of her cherished engagement ring, which I would love to be able to pass on to my granddaughter someday. (I guess that's my gripe and I know it sounds horrible.)

When my FIL's alzheimer's was progressing, the loss of his mind as he knew it, was devastating to him. He knew it was happening and it really scared him. He was furious with MIL for telling people because he knew it meant he was going to lose his driving privileges, and that's the thing about it that I really can identify with. To lose your privilege to drive when that was your thing has to be one of the great losses. It would be very hard for me to accept, too.

I am so sorry about your wrist. I hope your stepdad's meds do help prevent outbursts, and that you don't get exhausted from the constant vigilance your task requires of you.

which I would love to be able to pass on to my granddaughter someday. (I guess that's my gripe and I know it sounds horrible.)
That does not sound horrible at all Earlene. It is so nice to have memories to pass on. I lost all the physical memories of my dad, including his Navy Diary that I know the Navy would have like to have, since he listed every man which was landed on an island and who came back. My stepmom would give me nothing and now sold the house so all is gone. She always denied there was a diary or will which happen to disappear.

As for Alzeheimers we know it well. My FIL was diagnosed in is early 60's and lived for 13 yrs with the horrible disease.

My neighbor is an a**hole! She's a very beautiful woman of possibly middle-eastern descent. She dresses very nice. I've tried being neighborly, I've said hello on a few occasions, complimented her on her outfits, etc. Each time I've spoken she's rolled her eyes at me, she's seen me entering/exiting our building & she's slammed the door shut, she's just a very nasty person so I stopped trying to be neighborly. We have a serious plumbing issue & the plumber is here now working on it. There was a knock on my door a moment ago. It was the rude neighbor yelling and demanded to know what was going on in my bathroom because her "products" were "falling all over the place!" I told her it was maintenance doing a repair. As I was asking if she'd like to complain to them, she turned & stomped off while I was in mid sentence! She's been in her apartment slamming doors and making all sorts of noise ever since!
Oh my! She actually called the front office & reported us for the noise! Our bathroom pipes are connected. I have short hair & DH is bald so all of the long dark hair that the plumber pulled out of the drain has to be hers. Lol he (plumber) said he had "enough hair to make a chinchilla!"

OMG, SoapAddict415! Maybe you should call the front office and complain about all her long hair clogging up your pipes and the fact that she should have to pay the plumbing bill! Or ask the maintenance department to put a filter between your connected plumbing.

I used to own a condo that had connected pipes like that. They had to cut open the wall between my kitchen and the next door neighbor's kitchen once to fix the pipes once. Another time, the upstairs neighbor put his wet suit into his bathtub and left the water running and forgot about it, until water started pouring into my bathroom through the ceiling fan opening & I called maintenance. Maintenance had to go upstairs and wake the guy up (either he had taken a nap or gone out on the balcony, I don't remember which). But I think the most annoying one was when a new neighbor bought the upstairs condo and replaced the carpeting with hardwood flooring. Suddenly I could hear every step and dropped item upstairs! The other incidents were one-time events. This was ongoing until I moved out.

Thanks for the tip about a filter between our pipes Earlene. I'll make sure to inform the office that the cliff was caused by my neighbors hair! Thankfully the apartment complex takes care of repairs like that. They're also going to repaint and caulk. I don't know how or why the caulk around the sink was removed. And because a flat paint is used instead of a semi gloss (which I think is dumb), debris splatter from the drain snake has stained the walls under the sink.

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

I'm sorry cmzaha. For both what your going through and my wrong use of there. I don't know how to edit my post, so please forgive me. Is it possible to get home care to help out? If all else fails it could be one hour sanity breaks for you

I'm sorry cmzaha. For both what your going through and my wrong use of there. I don't know how to edit my post, so please forgive me. Is it possible to get home care to help out? If all else fails it could be one hour sanity breaks for you
No I am sorry I was just being crabby :D My parents test my patience to the max especially when I want to be home with the hubby and not here. Also our city has turned into such an English as second language some grammatical errors drive me nuts. Not your fault it is mine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back