Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you feel better Misschief. My gripe is something I could've avoided if I had been paying attention. I'm kicking myself over this. Ive been so happy about my oldest son's wedding & all that I didn't realize it was the week before Easter. Nobody but my mother seem to realize this and she didn't mention that fact until yesterday. I purchased one-way tickets to Arizona because everyone kept saying it was cheaper to fly that way there & back versus purchasing round trip which I couldn't afford. Tickets to come back start at $375 because of Easter. It only cost $140 to fly there! So we'll be driving back which means we have to cut our stay in Arizona short in order to be back in time for our jobs. My son who's traveling with us doesn't drive so the 2 days of driving will be split between DH & me. I haven't driven in about 6 years so I'm pretty nervous.

You'll be driving with wings of prayer, SA. Enjoy your time with your boys! Don't worry about the rest.

Just threw a handful of Cheerios all over the floor... no not on purpose.

actually it was funny as I hit my hand trying to pop them all in my mouth... over the side and top of my head. :rolling:

I truly enjoyed my time with my sons but aside from that, this trip has been hell. I don't have a major credit card. I've been three victim of identity theft 3 times so I prefer using a prepaid credit card. It just feels safer to me. I had no problem booking our flight & our rooms. I did have someone at the Motel 6 charge my card for $20.32 more than what the receipt shows. Booking.com is investigating and if they can't resolve the situation, I can file a dispute with Amex. I had to edit because I forgot to add that when the lady who overcharged us came back on duty the next day, all of our door key cards were mysteriously deactivated and we were temporarily locked out of our rooms! As if that wasn't enough, Orbitz.com let me reserve a car with no money down. They failed to state ANYWHERE in my email confirmations that prepaid cards were not accepted. We found that out at 6p today when my son dropped us off at the airport car rental. So we're stuck here in Phoenix. My son that came with us is due back at work Sunday. I'm due back Monday and DH was suppose to start a new job Monday. Plus, DH & I didn't bring enough of our meds for this unexpected extended stay. Prices for bus, plane and train aren't due to do back to normal untill after Easter! So we're stranded. I just spoke to my oldest son. He said he'd come back to get us but they have a small apartment. While it's better than sitting in the airport, the 3 of us really won't have anywhere to sleep. I'm so frustrated that such a joyous occasion has turned into such a hot mess that may cost us our jobs!

Last edited:
Gripe for the day.... In the dark walking to my desk ........... I found 3, yes 3, cheerios all on seperate steps. I should have :search: better . bwahahahahaha

I love that Smilie, but don't dare use it for what it is intended for ;)

[emoji3] your Cheerio gripe made me lol Lin19687! Thanks for that.
Captain's log, day 2, stranded in Arizona: we think we may have found a solution. A friend of mine (Peg) and my DIL both have backup plans but it's not quite 7a here and not quite 10a in Michigan. Peg is at work now and can't do anything until lunchtime. DIL is still sleeping. I'm shocked that I'm up right now. We didn't get back to the apartment until sometime after 1a. I wish I could understand why I can't use a prepaid Amex card that has my name embossed on it (I didn't just pick it up at my local Walmart), to rent a car. I had to go thru a process to get this card. Amex verified all of my credentials before sending me the card. I even opted for the insurance when reserved the car rental! I thought insurance was suppose to cover the "incidentals" that the gentleman at one of the many airport car rental places I spoke to yesterday said that a prepaid card might not cover!

That issue with hotel keys suddenly not working is a real pain! But it happens frequently when I stay for several days in some hotels (there is not a pattern of a specific brand; it really seems to be random). They always say someone made a mistake and didn't enter the full stay when they activated the keys. They used to claim it was my fault for keeping the key next to something that would de-magnetize it, but they never say that anymore. I tend to believe the first statement, but it is still super annoying when it happens. And when one key has to be re-activated, then all of them do as well, which is also a pain if everyone isn't together at that time.

I do hope your employers will cut you a little slack under the circumstances, although some are less understanding than others. Maybe this would be a good time to see if you can use Megabus.

I just found it too coincidental that our key cards stopped working after booking.com started their investigation into the overcharge and the young lady who overcharged us came back on duty.
Oh yeah, the Megabus! Thanks again Earlene! I'd forgotten about that. I don't think we could board it in Michigan but if it can get us close to Michigan, then we'll have a plan D. DH contacted his new employer, explained our situation and was told that if he wasn't back on time, don't bother coming. I told him that "maybe this was God's way of saying he didn't want DH at that job. I just wish God could've told us a different way, like by text, AFTER we we back home!" That was the first time he's laughed since yesterday [emoji3].
I just checked, the nearest Megabus is 256.2 miles away in Las Vegas NV. It was worth a shot.

Last edited:
TY, Yes, PVC, it was only filled 3/4 the way up. I live in a Duplex and don't like to bang that much inside. Plus DD was sleeping.
And NO I was not going outside in my robe !! :lol:

I didn't try to push too hard so I tossed it in the freezer for 10 min and used a small can of tomatoes to push it out ;)
There was another video about the mineral oil that over time it gets easier.

Gripe made happy

My gripe is when an Amazon Delivery person is to lazy to walk all the way down my step but apparently decided to toss my package, probably from my landing, down and hit my door so hard it shook my room. I thought someone had hit something up on the street. After flying out of my chair and opening my front door there was my package, which contained my new impulse sealer. I was so ticked off I called Amazon. I know have a free sealer...it was the compromise for them not having to fix my door

WOW Cmzaha ! I can't believe he threw it that hard, what a jerk !!! I have not seen Amazon deliver anything, just UPS and USPS. I was going to do deliveries for AMazon Flex but they pay **** when you figure in that you have to wait in line sort all your stuff which can take hours and NOT GET PAID FOR THAT TIME !! umm no thank you.
I also noticed that the people that are doing the deliveries are a lazy group.

Gripe, it's raining and I wanted to work outside today :(

United Parcel Service delivers my Amazon orders. So far, I cannot complain about their deliveries. They bring the boxes right to the front door. They knock and leave. Amazon has always been very good about replacing any missing or damaged items.

I've got a couple of gripes but I think I'm just feeling cranky. A week in Arizona & 3 days back in Michigan, my sleep/wake cycle is off kilter. I'm tired & I should be sleeping right now.
My first gripe is that I wanna make Susi but I don't have the energy.
Gripe #2 is about work. My job is a position that was created out of boredom last year while I was recovering from an on the job injury. My boss calls me a "parts router". Once the parts come out of the curing ovens, I make sure they get put in bins & labeled, from there they get sent to trim, shipping or to the guy that does the secondary ring installation (I'm in charge of the O-ring & X-ring inventory too). Some of what I do was taught to me by someone that works in the trim dept & she's worked in shipping. We even worked as a 2 person dept for a few months. So it was a no brainier that she'd cover for me while I was on vacation. I've been back to work 2 days and I've got more questions than answers about things she did while I was away. But she hasn't been to work the last 2 days because 1 of her daughters had a baby and I'm not sure she'll be in tomorrow. In the meantime, I've got missing rings, assigned rings that weren't logged on any paperwork, scattered orders, questions from the trim dept about incomplete orders, orders with incomplete or missing paperwork, complaints from the guy in shipping about why I don't have any orders for him to ship (if I have nothing to ship, he usually has nothing to do & gets sent home), etc. Today I found an incomplete order under a work table but I don't know why it's there. I hope tomorrow holds fewer surprises.

Neighbors that don't tie their down when there is a Wind storm and all their TRASH ends up in my driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back