Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work at the DMV. People who go to the DMV to renew their license, get it out to show the greeter and get a number and then put their license back in their wallet. Then act shocked that the csr asks for it.
Hello 👋 you are getting a NEW license today.
End of rant.

My soap stick-blender broke yesterday.
And although I wasn't the biggest fan of how it worked, I can't wait to buy a new one.
Although it shouldn't be a big issue, there are so many out there I find it hard to pick one.

My moody office mate has been ignoring my existence again all week. I don't know what she thinks I did wrong this time. I wish I didn't have to deal with this every day on top of everything else going on in the world.

My moody office mate has been ignoring my existence again all week. I don't know what she thinks I did wrong this time. I wish I didn't have to deal with this every day on top of everything else going on in the world.
Is it possible she's just an introvert? I know for instance, sometimes I can muster up the courage to say hi to people in the morning, and sometimes I can't (I'm worried to waste their time or whatever). I always respond when people talk to me though, so if she's not doing that, she might just be a jerk.

Is it possible she's just an introvert? I know for instance, sometimes I can muster up the courage to say hi to people in the morning, and sometimes I can't (I'm worried to waste their time or whatever). I always respond when people talk to me though, so if she's not doing that, she might just be a jerk.

No, I don't think it's introversion. I've talked to her multiple times about how she treats me versus our other co-workers. She admits she treats me differently and basically said she doesn't like me. She is nearly twice my age, but I've never had trouble getting along with anyone. I do my part to keep the peace, at times by trying to lean into being invisible in the office, but it bogs down my normally cheerful disposition and it feels like I'm always walking on eggshells. I told her I feel like I cannot be myself and she said to be myself, but she is ignoring me again. She puts on headphones or looks away when I engage in any conversation in the office, and it is a one-room office with 3 desks. The unpredictable push and pull is just quite stressful. So, she is just a jerk, lol. I appreciate your response and your suggestion though! It does feel good to vent.

No, I don't think it's introversion. I've talked to her multiple times about how she treats me versus our other co-workers. She admits she treats me differently and basically said she doesn't like me. She is nearly twice my age, but I've never had trouble getting along with anyone. I do my part to keep the peace, at times by trying to lean into being invisible in the office, but it bogs down my normally cheerful disposition and it feels like I'm always walking on eggshells. I told her I feel like I cannot be myself and she said to be myself, but she is ignoring me again. She puts on headphones or looks away when I engage in any conversation in the office, and it is a one-room office with 3 desks. The unpredictable push and pull is just quite stressful. So, she is just a jerk, lol. I appreciate your response and your suggestion though! It does feel good to vent.
Just be yourself and don't allow her drama to become your drama. If she chooses to ignore you, it's her issue, not yours. She's already given you permission to be yourself so....... you do you! (Maybe she's just a little bit jealous of you??)

Just be yourself and don't allow her drama to become your drama. If she chooses to ignore you, it's her issue, not yours. She's already given you permission to be yourself so....... you do you! (Maybe she's just a little bit jealous of you??)

Thank you for the encouragement! I do try, and socializing with my other co-workers helps when the opportunity arises.

& that may be! Honestly, I think I must remind her of someone and I'm just paying for whatever memories she has of them. 😅

Thank you for the encouragement! I do try, and socializing with my other co-workers helps when the opportunity arises.

& that may be! Honestly, I think I must remind her of someone and I'm just paying for whatever memories she has of them. 😅
Lol, I also get along with most people, but some people don't like me because I'm "overly friendly and irritatingly cheerful." Those same people tend to be grumpy and miserable whether I'm there or not, so there's no point to me not being me. I do try to make/keep the peace, but I know I can't force people to like me. I'm willing to bet you trying to blend in and tone down impacts you way more than it impacts your coworker, and TBH, it's not your responsibility to be liked by everyone. It's her responsibility to work with you anyways.

Lol, I also get along with most people, but some people don't like me because I'm "overly friendly and irritatingly cheerful." Those same people tend to be grumpy and miserable whether I'm there or not, so there's no point to me not being me. I do try to make/keep the peace, but I know I can't force people to like me. I'm willing to bet you trying to blend in and tone down impacts you way more than it impacts your coworker, and TBH, it's not your responsibility to be liked by everyone. It's her responsibility to work with you anyways.

This is a really good point, it's definitely wearing me down, especially because she doesn't notice or appreciate it. Thank you, Gemstone!

Mosquitoes!

These swollen itchy bites are 3 days old and the one on my ankle is really raised. I took a benedryl last night for the itching & of course woke up at 4 am 'cuz I fell asleep so early.

I have to look up my bug spray formula and make some more today. That is going to be my priority today.

Mosquitoes!

These swollen itchy bites are 3 days old and the one on my ankle is really raised. I took a benedryl last night for the itching & of course woke up at 4 am 'cuz I fell asleep so early.

I have to look up my bug spray formula and make some more today. That is going to be my priority today.
Have you tried lavender EO neat on the bites? That works pretty well for me.

When the cat stares me straight in the eye and pushes stuff off the table.

I guess there are worse thing to gripe about. But is so intentional that it really tees me off lol

edit...ok i have an actual gripe now. Just made a batch. Accelerated AGAIN. I was so much paying attention to details. It wasnt a terrible acceleration, i still had a little time. I left the stupid bottom of the stupid stickblender on, and the whole thing fell out of the bowl, spewing lye/oil all over the place. Did a quick cleanup and continued on. By that time the batter was thick pudding. Plop plop into the mold.

Doing cleanup of bowls and sb, which are now fully impacted with a thick soapy mess...i slipped on the floor that is still slick from my quick cleanup from earlier, and dropped my glass bowl and it shattered everywhere on the floor. Glass bowl was a 1 cup mini bowl from pc that i measured out my FO into... It didnt even shatter at first. It bounced. I tried to catch it while sliding all over the place with greasy gloves, and after like the 4th bounce it shattered into pieces.

And wait, theres more!! I start to clean up this mess and look over at the animals to make sure they are away from the kitchen, and the dog pooped on the floor.

Last edited:
When the cat stares me straight in the eye and pushes stuff off the table.

I guess there are worse thing to gripe about. But is so intentional that it really tees me off lol

edit...ok i have an actual gripe now. Just made a batch. Accelerated AGAIN. I was so much paying attention to details. It wasnt a terrible acceleration, i still had a little time. I left the stupid bottom of the stupid stickblender on, and the whole thing fell out of the bowl, spewing lye/oil all over the place. Did a quick cleanup and continued on. By that time the batter was thick pudding. Plop plop into the mold.

Doing cleanup of bowls and sb, which are now fully impacted with a thick soapy mess...i slipped on the floor that is still slick from my quick cleanup from earlier, and dropped my glass bowl and it shattered everywhere on the floor. Glass bowl was a 1 cup mini bowl from pc that i measured out my FO into... It didnt even shatter at first. It bounced. I tried to catch it while sliding all over the place with greasy gloves, and after like the 4th bounce it shattered into pieces.

And wait, theres more!! I start to clean up this mess and look over at the animals to make sure they are away from the kitchen, and the dog pooped on the floor.
OMG, I am so sorry you had this disaster happen!.. Poor poopy puppy. He was probably traumatized by the disaster, but I'm glad to hear none of the animals were harmed by flying glass. I do hope you are okay! You didn't mention if you got bruised or otherwise hurt.

@earlene we are all fine lol. Nobody got hurt.

but onto my next gripe lol. I just came from the dentist. I go back on Thursday for a root canal on my right canine 🤬. And all the work that they quoted me on my next three visits totaled $3330.00, which my insurance is covering a whopping $608. Delta Dental!! Really?? Used every penny on my FSA card....$2400, so now have a small balance due before they put in my crown.

Also need a deep cleaning and scaling (which sounds scary and im afraid to look that up)

Been dealing with my teeth since i was a kid. I have spent so much money on saving teeth its ridiculous. Im at the point of wanting them all ripped out and replaced with implants.

@earlene we are all fine lol. Nobody got hurt.

but onto my next gripe lol. I just came from the dentist. I go back on Thursday for a root canal on my right canine 🤬. And all the work that they quoted me on my next three visits totaled $3330.00, which my insurance is covering a whopping $608. Delta Dental!! Really?? Used every penny on my FSA card....$2400, so now have a small balance due before they put in my crown.

Also need a deep cleaning and scaling (which sounds scary and im afraid to look that up)

Been dealing with my teeth since i was a kid. I have spent so much money on saving teeth its ridiculous. Im at the point of wanting them all ripped out and replaced with implants.
Implants run about $6,000 each, please don't ask me why I know.

My implant with bone graft is 5000.00. Insurance will not cover most of it. I hate the dentist. Deep cleaning and scaling every 6 months. My parents and I have spent a fortune on my teeth. I've worn braces twice for a total of 11 years. Still have major issues.

Yeah. I have priced implants. Basically i have learned that the majority of the cost is the crown, which i have four so far, soon to be five.

I am missing a tooth behind the canine that is the one getting the root canal this week. The whole reason i went to the dentist today was to have a consult for the implant for my missing tooth. I purposely put $2500 on my fsa card to get the first half of the work done, and its nearing the end of the year, so when its ready to have the permanent crown put on...january i can do the $2500 on the fsa to pay for the rest.

i thought i had the timing so perfectly planned out lol. Then they found this problem. As soon as she started messing with my tooth i was like noooooo. It hurt so bad, and there goes my implant fund lol.

and i am so self conscience about the missing tooth, i hate to smile, even though everybody says they cant notice it.

To top it off, pre covid, one of my bottom crowns popped off while eating a swedish fish. I brought that with me today hoping she could glue it back on. She said no, just throw it out. Its been too long and now they have to work on that tooth again and have it refit for a new one. WHAT!!! That particular crown cost $5000. For that price i should have it set into a ring lol.

Last edited:
Back