Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had planned on maybe putting in some onions this week in the garden. Garden gate.jpg

Guess I'll have to wait a while since the river runs through it...Garden side.jpg

:eek: Our forecast is for a foot of snow. I’ve really had enough.
Only a foot your way, Dibbles? We're forecasted for 22". We've already gotten a good 4" since it started snowing 3 hours ago. Still waiting for them to call off school so I can go home.

So hot!

Lol completely the opposite of what you guys are griping about.

Today was 37 Celsius with humidity at 41% grrr. Went out to run some errands and I was sweating like a pig in 5mins, which is the distance to the main road.

Heat n humidity, coupled with air pollution makes for a very irritating day... In the city, temps were apparently past 45 ughh

My gripe today... I'm trying SO hard to get my blood pressure down. I've been on a low carb diet for about 6 weeks; I've lost about 15 lbs. in the past two months. I eat more vegetables now than I have in my entire life! Today, I went to the doctor to refill my prescriptions and my bp has gone UP. I am SO incredibly frustrated... and disheartened.

Gripe.... darnit Neighbors (duplex) banging around so early on Sunday that the vibration wakes up the deaf kitty who then is screaming looking for us at 5:30 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they were so loud they awoke a deaf kitty, that's really bad! I didn't think anyone was awake at 5:30AM on Sundays. Good grief. Double bad.
I'm looking for a house anyway, hoping that I FINALLY have god quiet neighbors
Good luck on the house hunt. We've always had quiet neighbors -- it's the barking dogs that seem to follow us wherever we go. :mad:
Gripe.... Had eggs this morning at the Cafe at my office building... I now have the trots and trying to hold out till 4;30 AND I woke up with a killer headache, and since it is still here I am thinking it is a sinus pressure issue :(
Aw, poor thing! I hear ya! Go eat a pint of chocolate ice cream! Or get a massage! Or whatever it takes to do something nice for you! :thumbs:

Guess I'll have to wait a while since the river runs through it...
"River Runs Through It"... not to make light of your situation, but that's one of my favorite movies. That scene of Brad Pitt fly-casting... it doesn't get any better than that.

Hopefully the "river" will leave some yummy nutrients behind and you'll have the best autumn harvest ever!

Smack Laugh.gif
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that tickled my funny bone!

My gripe today... I'm trying SO hard to get my blood pressure down. I've been on a low carb diet for about 6 weeks; I've lost about 15 lbs. in the past two months. I eat more vegetables now than I have in my entire life! Today, I went to the doctor to refill my prescriptions and my bp has gone UP. I am SO incredibly frustrated... and disheartened.
Congrats on the weight loss! If your BP is up after all you've done, it sounds like you may be stressing out about lowering your BP. Yes? So, be gentle with yourself. Go rock a baby; go for quiet walks in a favorite spot; listen to relaxing music; indulge in potatoes (high in potassium); learn to breathe deeply, starting with 3 deep breaths before getting out of bed in the morning and any time during the day when you feel tension rising. Breeeeeeeeathe.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Misschief Try taking your BP at a pharmacy. The ones around here have a public BP machine for free. Even our Grocery store Stop & Shop has one right next to their pharmacy.
You might get a higher reading at the Doc's due to stress :( Happens a lot.

@Misschief Try taking your BP at a pharmacy. The ones around here have a public BP machine for free. Even our Grocery store Stop & Shop has one right next to their pharmacy.
You might get a higher reading at the Doc's due to stress :( Happens a lot.
I have one at home.

Congrats on the weight loss! If your BP is up after all you've done, it sounds like you may be stressing out about lowering your BP. Yes? So, be gentle with yourself. Go rock a baby; go for quiet walks in a favorite spot; listen to relaxing music; indulge in potatoes (high in potassium); learn to breathe deeply, starting with 3 deep breaths before getting out of bed in the morning and any time during the day when you feel tension rising. Breeeeeeeeathe.
Thank you for that. My first reaction was... I hate potatoes! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a foot your way, Dibbles? We're forecasted for 22". We've already gotten a good 4" since it started snowing 3 hours ago. Still waiting for them to call off school so I can go home.
I think we're supposed to be on the northern edge of the storm, so hopefully it won't be too bad. It just started snowing here a couple of hours ago and it's coming down hard, but the roads are mainly just wet so far. Hoping for the best and at least it should melt quickly once the temps get out of the 30s.

I think we're supposed to be on the northern edge of the storm, so hopefully it won't be too bad. It just started snowing here a couple of hours ago and it's coming down hard, but the roads are mainly just wet so far. Hoping for the best and at least it should melt quickly once the temps get out of the 30s.

it just started here--I see its supposed to last until Friday afternoon with up to 17". glad I got my running around done and don't need to go anywhere

We just lost our power for 2 hours due to the wind that came with the snow. Out here, when the power is out, the heat is out and the electric well pump stops. Waiting for the house to warm back up.

So sorry you are dealing with this @Mischief my grandma swore by hibiscus tea for lowering blood pressure long before I even know about the research. Not saying it works but maybe look into it?

Latest posts

Back