Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe today is on a very personal level, my oldest daughter I co-parent with her biological father, a last week he sent me a message saying that he will no longer be letting me see her because I am an unfit parent. His complaint was that I sleep in, in the morning. And that I dont make her brush her teeth, (which I do). So I have not seen her since Valentine's day. I am going through the court system now trying to get them to enforce the visitation and found out today that he filled a motion asking the court to only give me supervised visitation with limited contact. I am beside myself. Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 10 years old. I wasn't even allowed to call her. This gripe could go on for pages and pages. I am very emotional, I understand that there is almost no way that his argument will stand up in court. But it hurts, and there is still there in the back of mind what if. Anyway thanks for having a safe place to gripe.

I wish a VERY speedy run for you. So sorry you and your daughter have been so wronged.

My gripe today is on a very personal level, my oldest daughter I co-parent with her biological father, a last week he sent me a message saying that he will no longer be letting me see her because I am an unfit parent. His complaint was that I sleep in, in the morning. And that I dont make her brush her teeth, (which I do). So I have not seen her since Valentine's day. I am going through the court system now trying to get them to enforce the visitation and found out today that he filled a motion asking the court to only give me supervised visitation with limited contact. I am beside myself. Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 10 years old. I wasn't even allowed to call her. This gripe could go on for pages and pages. I am very emotional, I understand that there is almost no way that his argument will stand up in court. But it hurts, and there is still there in the back of mind what if. Anyway thanks for having a safe place to gripe.
I'm so sorry this happened to you - this same thing happened to my daughter and her ex with their daughter.

I think what they fail to realize, is they are not just hurting the ex-spouse (S/O) when they do this type of thing. They hurt everyone involved including and probably even more so, the child they are supposedly trying to protect.

My gripe for today is about my job. I'm a 1-woman department. I work at a hydraulic seals factory & my job is to take everything that has been molded and prep it for the trim dept it bag it for shipping. Today I have to get an 11,000 piece order to shipping. The machine operator who is supposed to help me is nowhere to be found. So I'll have to load all of this up by myself and make several trips to the shipping dept to unload it all, by myself! I normally don't ask for help but this is a heavy order & my sciatica has been flaring up since last week! I'm soooo annoyed right now!
IMG_20180308_132218_1.jpg
The pic shows a fraction of what I have to load, transport & unload. There are more boxes on a cart behind me and boxes under those in the pic.

I just saw your post lizzysoap. I'm very sorry that you have to go thru that. I hope that things work out for you and soon.

@SoapAddict415 call the Shipping Dept and have them pick up ;)

It just started to snow... again
That would be Kevin and he doesn't come in until 3:30p. Another co-worker held me find Joe & he got chewed out in stereo lol. He's acting weird today. Very talkative & antsy, more than usual. I know he's had issue with drugs in the past. I hope he's not using again. Here's was ranting a wild story to me earlier about being in the army, hooked on heroin with his entire platoon in the jungle, who were all killed in an ambush but he survived. He was kicked out for smuggling weed & heroin in a Navy ship and he was supposed to have been a part of the seal team that captured bin laden!

Last edited:
Tell Kevin he is a fat Liar about Navy seal..... just saying.

Well, I was hoping more snow would have melted, it did not.

Have my firstest ever cavity at 37 years old and have to get it filled Monday. Also heavy, heavy hinting from the hygienist and doc that my wisdom teeth need to GO (and I have one totally laid out on its side, of course. The other three are properly up and down). General anesthesia is my boggart y'all. I've never had it before and am unfortunately not blissfully ignorant about the (admittedly rare) risks.

My sister volunteered to drive me to and from for video purposes. I told her she'd lose her phone permanently. Either down a gutter or up her backside.
Mine are getting done on the 21st. I've been putting it off for 20 years. You are lucky! I have 1 in the proper position, 1 at an angle and 2 fully sideways. My surgeon typically uses local, but after looking at the x-rays decided it will be general for me!! I only have 1 experience (1 year ago yesterday as a matter of fact) with general. I am glad my 1st experience was an emergency and I had no choice, because otherwise I would never do it. I'm not as terrified now.

So sorry you have to deal with this!!

My gripe is very personal as well. My husband and I have had a difficult time for quite a while now. We have separated and then tried to work things out 4 times in the last 2 years. This time is the end after 24 years. I'm heartbroken. He is running around like a 20 year old partying. He still lives here. On Saturday, he stayed out all night. Fine, except I had to work at 6am Sunday morning and he was supposed to be here with the kids. He finally texted me at noon saying "oops I forgot!" He stayed out all night again on Tuesday when I had to work Wednesday. At least he made it home in time to get my daughter on the school bus that time. I'm just very frustrated by how inconsiderate he is being!

He is moving out of state, supposed to be leaving either tomorrow or Saturday. He didn't tell our 2 younger kids weeks ago like I asked him to. So I finally did. He was furious that I didn't wait for him to to do it. I'm the one that has to deal with them being devastated by it! I was not going to wait until a day or 2 before and spring it on them. They need time to adjust.

Rant over, thanks all for a place to do so!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really, really need to clean the bathroom today. I can think of so many other things I'd rather do with my free time. Ugh...such is life. And, it could be worse ;)

When I need to clean the bathroom, I make soap and vow to clean it the next day .... just saying ....

I was annoyed with my boyfriend as he made me feel invisible, unwanted. And never cared about what I have to say.
But I have decided, I need to put myself first, and make me happy and not allow myself to find happiness in someone

My gripe is very personal as well. My husband and I have had a difficult time for quite a while now. We have separated and then tried to work things out 4 times in the last 2 years. This time is the end after 24 years. I'm heartbroken. He is running around like a 20 year old partying. He still lives here. On Saturday, he stayed out all night. Fine, except I had to work at 6am Sunday morning and he was supposed to be here with the kids. He finally texted me at noon saying "oops I forgot!" He stayed out all night again on Tuesday when I had to work Wednesday. At least he made it home in time to get my daughter on the school bus that time. I'm just very frustrated by how inconsiderate he is being!

He is moving out of state, supposed to be leaving either tomorrow or Saturday. He didn't tell our 2 younger kids weeks ago like I asked him to. So I finally did. He was furious that I didn't wait for him to to do it. I'm the one that has to deal with them being devastated by it! I was not going to wait until a day or 2 before and spring it on them. They need time to adjust.

Rant over, thanks all for a place to do so!

Ok, here's my gripe and I think it is a valid one. I opened my etsy shop in 2014. I struggled to come up with a unique name. Now, I find that someone has opened a shop with the exact same name as mine except it has an "s" on the end. What are the odds of this happening by accident? I have been in touch with the person and they claim that it was not intentional. So far they have not offered to change their shop name. I have also contacted etsy with my complaint. I have been boiling about this since I found out yesterday. I am thinking of closing my etsy account if no action is taken. Thanks for letting me spout off.o_O

Ok, here's my gripe and I think it is a valid one. I opened my etsy shop in 2014. I struggled to come up with a unique name. Now, I find that someone has opened a shop with the exact same name as mine except it has an "s" on the end. What are the odds of this happening by accident? I have been in touch with the person and they claim that it was not intentional. So far they have not offered to change their shop name. I have also contacted etsy with my complaint. I have been boiling about this since I found out yesterday. I am thinking of closing my etsy account if no action is taken. Thanks for letting me spout off.o_O

Ouch! That is infuriating. Anyone with half a business brain would've done a search for that name before deciding to open an Etsy account.

That’s just plain wrong on every moral level. Hope Etsy helps.

lenerenee, save yourself the aggravation. Isn't it cute (not cute!) how so many businesses make it close to impossible to find contact information easily? Oh yes, it's somewhere on their website, but you have to jump through hoops to find it. Just google a contact number and talk to a human. The number for Amazon is 1 (888) 280-4331. I figure if the problem is on their end, they should do the work to solve it...not me. :D

You beat me to it! I have the number programmed into my phones.

I have been very positive and cheerful on the outside about my stupid left leg being in this huge boot, but I am not a happy camper. And I have to wear it a month. Can't stand long enough to cook food, much less make soap...grr.

Oh Susie, just think , the longer you let it heal correctly, the better you will feel years from now !! (I'm in the medical field)

I hear ya on the Name Game. i used to be Doodlebug Soaps years ago, someone else is using it. So back to the drawing board.
I might just go with Lin's Farm and be done with it !

got into conversation today with an acquaintance that used to buy my soap. She is now buying unwrapped soaps at her local farmer's market. Nothing is labelled being the bars are naked and on their website they state no coconut or palm oils in their soaps and that their made with a blend of olive oils and then goes on to list possible additional ingredients/additives. They HP their soaps , fragrancing with essential oils. i don't know but the whole thing sits uneasily with me. I get the omissions of coconut and palm oils for their separate reasons and have no reason to believe that olive oil 'blend' is simply that, as opposed to a mixture.I think at the root of all this is how much trouble I go through to label all my soaps carefully while this company simply states on their website what MAY be in a particular soap, focusing on what's NOT in it .Needless to say, no mention of sodium hydroxide, what the liquid might be. I stand here in awe...

Latest posts

Back