Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That definitely sounds like some type of allergy. Those itchy ears can drive a person nuts too!
I'm aware of it being an allergy. I'm certain it's not milk and I already have intolerances to soy (even though I can use soy sauce safely depending on brand). I'm leaning in on my mom's suspicion that it may have been the stuffing I used. I normally make my own but I decided to use the Stove Top. I'm still waiting until I'm sure I have metabolized the antihistamines to see about getting tested.

Side gripe- I took 20mL of Children's Benadryl. How in the world can does a low dose like that make a technically overweight adult like me drowsy for two days? I had to leave work early because I could barely function.

I don't like to gripe and can't really share here what's bothering me the most, but here goes.

The medication that I am on for a 2 month trial for my hip pain, has alleviated the target pain, but may have caused problems in my elbow joints. The timing of the onset of pain and decreased mobility in first my left elbow and now my right elbow coincides too closely with starting this med to be a mere coincidence. Even though I can verify it is med related (I forgot to take a couple of doses and the elbow pain and mobility improved temporarily) I am still taking it to give it a fair trial for my hips. If I was home, I would call the office to talk about it, but I am in Texas now and going to Florida next week with my granddaughter. I want to be able to walk on the beach with her.

You should try Acupuncture !
I do for Sciatica.

Gripe... News just told us that there is ANOTHER big storm coming Sunday night into Monday and MAY last till Tuesday.

I am so glad I am not working right now and having to deal with driving !

I'm aware of it being an allergy. I'm certain it's not milk and I already have intolerances to soy (even though I can use soy sauce safely depending on brand). I'm leaning in on my mom's suspicion that it may have been the stuffing I used. I normally make my own but I decided to use the Stove Top. I'm still waiting until I'm sure I have metabolized the antihistamines to see about getting tested.

Side gripe- I took 20mL of Children's Benadryl. How in the world can does a low dose like that make a technically overweight adult like me drowsy for two days? I had to leave work early because I could barely function.

Possibly because diphenhydramine is a 1st generation anti-histamine that DOES cross the blood brain barrier. So my eye allergies, Benadryl helps to some degree, but none of the 2nd generation ones help at all.

lenerenee, save yourself the aggravation. Isn't it cute (not cute!) how so many businesses make it close to impossible to find contact information easily? Oh yes, it's somewhere on their website, but you have to jump through hoops to find it. Just google a contact number and talk to a human. The number for Amazon is 1 (888) 280-4331. I figure if the problem is on their end, they should do the work to solve it...not me. :D

Navigator, I got to use that number today since none of the packages showed up! No waiting for customer service either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have my firstest ever cavity at 37 years old and have to get it filled Monday. Also heavy, heavy hinting from the hygienist and doc that my wisdom teeth need to GO (and I have one totally laid out on its side, of course. The other three are properly up and down). General anesthesia is my boggart y'all. I've never had it before and am unfortunately not blissfully ignorant about the (admittedly rare) risks.

My sister volunteered to drive me to and from for video purposes. I told her she'd lose her phone permanently. Either down a gutter or up her backside.

I am on a pastoral call committee at church (our pastor left in september).
1. 13 people on a call committee is about 7 people too many. I can't even organize my own schedule much less 13.
2. of those 13, 2 are not actual members of the church so now I am scrambling to get their memberships from their former churches.
3. of those 13, 6 are farm wives who have never worked outside of the home, 6 are farmers, and one (me) is an engineer. So guess who doesn't treat meetings like social hour and gets to keep everyone on task. (me)
4. of those 13, 1 does not have internet or phone. seriously. I "get" the no internet... but no phone?
5. not having my husband as a sounding board really sucks.

Thanks. I needed this.

Minor gripe, I just got a Cuisinart stick blender and it has a lock button on it. I don't let children play with dry cleaning bags or my SB.
It looks very sad with painter's tape all over it. :(

Eldora don't let someone make you feel less of a person, he wouldn't do it if he didn't feel insecure himself.

amd I get the no phone, but I do have one. Maybe Rusti's sister will be in the market?:D

My gripe today is on a very personal level, my oldest daughter I co-parent with her biological father, a last week he sent me a message saying that he will no longer be letting me see her because I am an unfit parent. His complaint was that I sleep in, in the morning. And that I dont make her brush her teeth, (which I do). So I have not seen her since Valentine's day. I am going through the court system now trying to get them to enforce the visitation and found out today that he filled a motion asking the court to only give me supervised visitation with limited contact. I am beside myself. Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 10 years old. I wasn't even allowed to call her. This gripe could go on for pages and pages. I am very emotional, I understand that there is almost no way that his argument will stand up in court. But it hurts, and there is still there in the back of mind what if. Anyway thanks for having a safe place to gripe.

well, i am FRUSTRATED with Essential oils.
they cost so much. Confused at what to buy. The supply places I know have such are simply to costly for me to get started. What is acceptable that can be used. What to look for and NOT put in soap? I know not to put oils that are for burning.
I see lots of oils I can use that say are skin safe or spa. Can one use those too.
and how about fragrances?
What do i look for that can be used to start with outside these expensive oils from soap making supply stores. GRRRR (lol)

Wow! You have an actual phone number!
I absolutely agree! They have my money, they made a promise on the 2 day shipping, their website told me the packages were there.....But then they make me waste my time trying to find a way to communicate that they LIED about delivery (3 different orders, 3 different packages? Come on! The odds of 3 identical mistakes on the same day is ridiculous. Someone lied about the delivery)

I think I'll pass the number around the neighborhood!
Grabbed the # and keeping on my notebook!
yep, 3 on same day is suspicious.

Oh goody - a safe play to whine!!

I have 3 missing Amazon packages that were supposedly delivered Friday. Their website said to wait 36 hours because sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are really are. :confused:

Then I spend about 2 hours working their website to find out how to report missing packages: clicked a lot of question and answer boxes only to find none of them apply. Finally got to a chat window where I was told they were "mismarked" and should be delivered in the next 2 days.

Final step? The little pop-up customer service survey that states Amazon wants to be the most customer service oriented company in the world. o_O

Btw, I had 2 gallons of Nutiva coconut oil in those orders! 18 bucks each which is the best price I could find as our closest Big Lots doesn't have the big sizes any more.
The best to do is call customer service. I had that happen during the holidays and Amazon immediately replaced my items. Then approx 2 weeks later the items showed up. Part of the problem is they hand off some packages to USPS and that is what happened to mine. Tracking even told me where they had been left on the porch. Nope they were never left. I always call and talk to a real people!

Bramble Berry's paper labels drive me crazy (not a far drive, to be sure :D). When I reached for some Polysorbate 80 the other day, I couldn't read the label because some of the contents got on it and erased the name -- and it was sitting next to another bottle, similarly besmirched. Grrrr.

My gripe today is on a very personal level, my oldest daughter I co-parent with her biological father, a last week he sent me a message saying that he will no longer be letting me see her because I am an unfit parent. His complaint was that I sleep in, in the morning. And that I dont make her brush her teeth, (which I do). So I have not seen her since Valentine's day. I am going through the court system now trying to get them to enforce the visitation and found out today that he filled a motion asking the court to only give me supervised visitation with limited contact. I am beside myself. Yesterday was her birthday, she turned 10 years old. I wasn't even allowed to call her. This gripe could go on for pages and pages. I am very emotional, I understand that there is almost no way that his argument will stand up in court. But it hurts, and there is still there in the back of mind what if. Anyway thanks for having a safe place to gripe.

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the courts help you.

Oh my! I sincerely hope the judge rules in your favour. Sending you a big hug.

Back