Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahahahaha! Oh if only you could hold one. Not all boogers are slimey, you know. These are murky brown and look and feel like modeling clay. I can't even foist them off on anyone because they are just gross. They don't look like Bit-O-Honey in real life, that's for certain. If I offered one of these to a child, they would back away slowly, wide-eyed and then run for their life.

Last edited:
Sorry newbie but those are fugly with a capital F! I've made several batches that looked similar but without the cool modeling clay consistency. I think grumpy was just trying to deflect with the shiny hair comment ;)

THANK YOU, Doriette, for acknowledging their ugliness! Sometimes we need recognition for how dreadful something is. See, Not_ally? You are looking at the world through rose colored glasses. (teasing)

I'm sticking with the Bit-O-Honey prism :) I tend to think that most all doggies, homemade soaps and babies are pretty much nice/fun to look at, although I have seen some exceptions. I admit, Newbie that does sound a bit PollyAnna-ish, but I feel much less so about adult humans ....

I have a lot of fun looking at ugly soap as well as pretty as well, but I just don't know how you can think my troll bars are not ugly. Fun to laugh at, yes, but like candy? Agreed on the adults, 100%.

Wicked Witch - scary looking rebatched soap with a smell to match...the glitter was my (sad) attempt to liven it up

1434729086814.jpg

Yes, I pretty much only reach for the glitter when I have made a mess of the top by overswirling it. It never helps, but I can never resist :) I have one of those waiting to cut right now, I hope the inside is better than the outside!

This one started out as white soap with a pretty black swirl with orange so & banana and coconut eo. Charcoal soap riced up, I overheated the soap wrapped in towels and it just oozed out all the fo's & eo. Then a pretty bad rebatch...

That's really neat:) will check out how it looks after cutting as it's starting to smell quite sweet and coconutish now. If it's good I'll keep it for Halloween markets :)

This is my lavanda-lemongrass soap that fell down to the floor ( whole butch), when I was cutting it... Also a trace was very thick so secret swirl turned out not really nice. But I already have some ideas of confetti soap! :D

1434904441125.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434912571.741261.jpg
That ugly brown was a gorgeous blue when it went in - it's been rebatched but I feel that may be uglier still!!

I have to say I wouldn't have rebatched because the blended colors tend to look sickening. It's odd but not terrible, although I would have been very peeved about the morphing blue. Whose and which color was it? I have one particular design fail that I still shake my head at, but heck if I was rebatching and ending up with more modeling clay soap! I'm slowly getting rid of it, telling people they have to take an ugly along with the good.

Latest posts

Back