Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here is my ugly soap

Amber romance soap with callendula leaves...they turned green.

IMG_4507.jpg

My first batch of soap for the Liquid Sub Swap. Naughty FO caused it to seize and it never fully smoothed back out

1429975917961.jpg

A badly behaved fragrance oil caused separation and a scarily lye heavy soap (picture 1). So i rebatched it and now it looks like minced beef! (picture 2). Despite looking horrible it smells quite nice so may still get use out of it.

1430156761106.jpg

1430156773827.jpg

Made my third batch tonight and split it. The first half I used FO and mica for a strawberry champagne.
Took the other half and added leathe FO and mica and got this beautiful hot mess. The bottom layer gelled and I had to scoop it in. The top layer well you see it. Lol

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Bringing this thread out in the sunlight again. I had a beautiful pumpkin soap that broke at the pencil line so I hot processed most of it, and was able to salvage some of the original pieces that didn't separate, so I shoved those down into the hot process. Kinda looks like some kind of weird toast popping out of something.

IMGP7104_edited.jpg

IMGP7106_edited.jpg

Lol - it does look a little like toast. Still looks pretty.

Thanks! I haven't even attempted to use it. I don't know why really, it smells delish! I'm putting some in my shower right now for tomorrow morning. Who knows, maybe it'll be the next best seller!

yes this soap is truly ugly...the daffodil scent morphed on me & smells like a cow patty...yes I used heavy cream (I have in all my soaps) I also used brambleberry's vanilla color stabilizer, which I also used on my first batch & it morphed to smell like nair, then went back to the scent it was supposed to be. This still smells like poop. :( Oh and I did not let this soap gel, I kept a fan on it so it wouldn't overheat.
11149637_10155493035840646_8493119021103327783_o.jpg

Bringing this thread out in the sunlight again. I had a beautiful pumpkin soap that broke at the pencil line so I hot processed most of it, and was able to salvage some of the original pieces that didn't separate, so I shoved those down into the hot process. Kinda looks like some kind of weird toast popping out of something.

It reminds me of the french toast cereal that used to be available. Now I want some and I can't have any. Thank you! [emoji20] lol

Obsidian, I think your soap actually looks really cool. I'd buy it as a customer and think that was intentional! Its round and perfectly centered.

Skay, I think your soap looks pretty! Its a shame it smells like a cow patty. That certainly can't be helped... [emoji17]

Last edited:
yes this soap is truly ugly...the daffodil scent morphed on me & smells like a cow patty...yes I used heavy cream (I have in all my soaps) I also used brambleberry's vanilla color stabilizer, which I also used on my first batch & it morphed to smell like nair, then went back to the scent it was supposed to be. This still smells like poop. :( Oh and I did not let this soap gel, I kept a fan on it so it wouldn't overheat.
11149637_10155493035840646_8493119021103327783_o.jpg

I'd give it some more cure time. I don't like to use vanilla stabilizer, but have noticed a horrific smell that fades away after a week or so. Maybe it will sort itself out. :)

I'd give it some more cure time. I don't like to use vanilla stabilizer, but have noticed a horrific smell that fades away after a week or so. Maybe it will sort itself out. :)

I hope it sorts itself out! I loved the smell in the beginning!

Latest posts

Back