Patchouli lovers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

How much patchouli EO do you like to put in your soap? As a patchouli lover myself I was looking forward to a patchouli soap I made a week or so ago. I used 1.5 oz EO ppo. The scent has faded considerably, there is still an earthiness to it but I wouldn't call it a strong patchouli scent.

Advice?

I made a batch of pachouli soap 7 weeks ago CP that still smells, well I don't want to say good but it has held it's scent well. The batch I made was 3.25 lbs of oils and I used 10 tsp. of pachouli FO in it.

Bruce

I haven't made a straight patch scented soap Daniel, but I like to add it as the base note in a blend. My Ramblin' Rose soapcake is 1100 gram oil weight and I use 1 tsp patch to give an earthiness to the rose scent. It has stuck really well and rounds out the fragrance nicely.

Tanya :)

I love Patchouli, I tend to use it with Vetivert eo at about 5ml Vetivert to 10ml Patchouli in a 1kg oil batch. I probably could do with adding more though. But I do love this combo of oils.

I haven't used it straight either....it's so expensive!

I was told it helps 'fix' your FO in your soap, so I use a little bit in things like rose fo, that I know has a tendency to lose it's scent over time.

LOL it seems so weird to think of people LIKING Patchouli!

It smells like stinky feet to me haha

I did just make a Sandalwood/Patchouli/Oakmoss/Balsam blend (all FO though, not EO) and it smells pretty good.. mostly because the Sandalwood is stronger. :lol:

Lil Outlaws said:
LOL it seems so weird to think of people LIKING Patchouli!

It smells like stinky feet to me haha

Yeah... it's definitely a love or hate scent... to me it smells earthy and tree-like.

Latest posts

Back