Other additives for pine tar soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you make claims about treating diseases/conditions (eczema, psoriasis) then its a drug and must be labeled with the active ingredient and follow FDA regulations yadda yadda. So yes, it definitely sounds like it would be classified as a drug due to what they're saying.

"...I wonder how they get away with that? ..."

They're getting away with it, because they're getting away with it. Pure 'n simple. :think:

Think about all the "male enhancement" advertising on US television -- they're getting away with it. Think about all the ads for amazing miracle cures in magazines and newspapers -- they're getting away with it. Until someone takes the time to really complain, nothing at all may happen to these businesses.

There are too many people making decisions based on the grade school philosophy of "everyone else is doing it, so I'm going to do it too." I have a personal problem with that, but I can sure see why people get into making wild claims about their stuff to create a miracle worker reputation. It sells product.

Latest posts

Back