on the stove top

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing CP. Haven't done HP or crock yet. I have been wrapping in towels for 24 hrs. To get a pudding look do I NOT wrap it? I have noticed it will still gel in the center but not on the edges if the wraps are not warm enough-- So then I add more to them until it gels to the edge then I don't look again until it is cool the next day. But I'm trying to get away from the hard gel look and back to the pudding look--
I have heard that you can prevent gelling by placing the moulded soap in the fridge or freezer. You might want to look into that. I am not too clued up yet myself, so cannot confirm. Just read it somewhere.

I have heard that you can prevent gelling by placing the moulded soap in the fridge or freezer. You might want to look into that. I am not too clued up yet myself, so cannot confirm. Just read it somewhere.

this post is from 2009. The member you quoted and responded to hasn’t been here since 2010.

Latest posts

Back