November 2017 - 1920's Theme Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has worked so hard on these, I’m so proud of you all for trying so hard and doing so well. Please post your soaps everyone no matter what as we are always our own worst critics.

You had absolutely nothing to worry about sunrise. Such a great inspiration idea and really well executed! Thank you for sharing with us all. I don’t usually comment on entries as I wouldn’t like anyone to accuse me of favouritism! :)

well is not cold process design .... it was kind of tricky to make the outside layer to be able to sculpt it.

And thanks Saponista, I know you all are fair and square people.

well is not cold process design .... it was kind of tricky to make the outside layer to be able to sculpt it.

And thanks Saponista, I know you all are fair and square people.

It's completely cool that it's not CP, the challenge rules specifically state that MP is fine.

I like your soap, it came out beautiful!

SunRise ~ What in the world is wrong with you?? We would have been kicking you forever if you DIDN'T enter that!!

Saponista -- I'm confused by the close date. It says the 26th. Is that the end of the 26th or the beginning -- and in what time zone? I just returned from holiday this afternoon and got my second part poured. I assumed I could cut and post on Sunday the 26th, which is tomorrow, but reading the rules again, it says both the entry thread closes and voting begins on the 26th. I hope I have more than 5.5 hours from now! I'm at UTC -7, Mountain Standard Time.

I haven't been able to make mine in time, but still will, and loving everyone else's

Whew! I got mine entered. Very simple, not well executed, and lots of snafus that were all my fault. But I started the dang thing, and it was my first crack with m&p, so I knew I needed to finish it no matter how it ended up!

The good thing is, there are so many great entries, I have already put mine behind me :)

Whew! I got mine entered. Very simple, not well executed, and lots of snafus that were all my fault. But I started the dang thing, and it was my first crack with m&p, so I knew I needed to finish it no matter how it ended up!

The good thing is, there are so many great entries, I have already put mine behind me :)

I like your entry. That was a neat idea, with the clear martini glass embed.

CaraBou! I love your soap! I wanted so badly to incorporate a martini into this challenge somehow, (being a martini girl myself!) and just couldn't come up with anything! Your entry is beautiful! What did you scent it with?

Thanks guys. I should have finished it earlier and had another go. But I was determined to make only one batch for this challenge. How hard could it be, right?

What did you scent it with?

The Perfect Man, for a black tie quality. The M&P was clear base with light silver-tinged colorblock. I aimed for (and missed) a dirty martini.

The entries are amazing and very diverse! I'm in awe. Way to go, everyone!

I am 2 parts into my creation ... and have to skip 3 days, so it's going to be tight for me (again).

I love your soap.
I love AA Milne.

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

I’m sorry for not replying about the entry time CaraBou. I have had my busiest craft fair this weekend so I was totally exhausted. I usually wait until the morning of the day after the deadline to do the survey as that means that pretty much everyone in all time zones has had until midnight to enter.

Wow! Great interpretation and execution, everybody!

Suddenly I'm glad that I'm totally of NaOH,hahaha! But I DO like this challenge idea, it makes everyone think hard before making soap.
@carabou are you using sculpted layer tachnique?
@kittish mmm... I would like to have a sniff of the exquisite perfume dupe. Are you using isolates & molecules? Or just pick some EO in each note?
@saltedfig Are you an artist? your drawing is awesome!!!
@dibbles great story behind the soap, and very cool fondant technique!!! (I suppose?)
@sunrisearts Wow! cool ruby lane finds and cool carving!!!

I'm on my phone using tapatalk, and these are the names I can think of now, you guys rock!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back