• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No longer current

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very interested in these , have to measure my wooden log molds.

Kitn

Hey! No, I don't make the silicone per se, it's a rather industrial type of thing, but I get the silicone in a liquid form and mould from there. People like the silicone type liners so they don't have to line with waxpaper and the soap doesn't stick to the silicone, making it handy. :) Admitidly silicone is not a cheap material though (unless you manufacture in China or India!), but we are also looking other rubbers that are not so expensive and may make soaping a bit easier. :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I see.. well regardless it's a seriously genius idea! Have you been making some good business with it? If you weren't so far away I would love to try one out haha It would seem that it would work extremly well!!

I would like to take credit, but silicone liners have been around for a while I think. There are several places that make silicone liners, probably closer to you (well, where you send stuff in Texas) than I am (I'm in Australia), some popular ones are:

Upland Soap Company (http://www.uplandsoapfactory.com/using-silicone-lined-molds.html)

Tog Moulds (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5260931)
The guy who does the Tog moulds posts on this site as well.

There is another one with a crafty feel out there but I can't find it....

It's ok business-wise, but when you are a sole trader it can be really hectic. I work seven days a week, and I feel like the effort vs. profit isn't much (and sometimes nothing) due to the really high cost of silicone, but I also don't want to make them really expensive because most soapers are not rich. If a less pricey rubber I would like to try works well with soap, I think that will really be great for customers and myself. As a low income family, I feel like I really don't want to make expensive products that most people can't afford, I want to make quality soap making products that people like me can afford, so silicone for me has been something of mixed emotions.

Anyway, I will certainly post when I will be taking on more custom liner projects! :) Good Night!

Thanks for the info! I think i looked at the TOG ones before just browsing lol I bet it does get hetic but anything like this and soap alone are hetic lol Thanks again for sharing this info with me. :D

No worries! Sounds like you will have a mini soap Christmas when you get home from Iraq! Ummmm, thinking about it gives me a serious shopping urg..... must resist..... :)

I bet you must be excited to get back and get your soaping underway! :)

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Yes! I'm absolutely excited.. my dad is really crafty at building and such and I showed up some plexi-glass molds and such and he said it'd be to easy to put that together for me... so I was like HOORAY!! My step dad is awesome with wood and is going to make soap dishes and such for me.. i'm pretty excited because my family is going to help me out a lot! By the time Xmas comes around i'm going to have my parents house full of soap lmao :D

Are your wooden log moulds with the silicone liners still available Kaseen? I had been eyeing them off for weeks...

I've just noticed your products are back up again but not your box moulds.

Hope the renovations went smoothly! :)

Yea, we're pretty much done with things, I have had some requests for a wider log mould option as well and I would like to add that when I reintroduce the moulds page, I am just working on the set up for the liner for that one now between orders and the events of life ;) She'll be back soon, I'm sorry for the wait!

We won't be offering custom sized liners on our website to the general public anymore because the demand and space needed (working and storage) it too much for our resources to handle until we find a less material intensive way of producing them. In hind sight I think we were too gung-hoe and excited, but after a while realised that over time storage of custom setups would be an issue and it was becoming a big strain on time and resources. Ya live, ya learn :)

But, I will still hold true to any custom sized liner offers I have made on this forum for those who were interested, I will send them a secret link to the page if interested, just let me know. This way as well there won't be huge wait times because of too many orders for us to handle, so those of you who were interested will get priority.

Again, I'm sorry for any wait! :)

Sounds like wisdom to me. The last person I bought from was in over his head and he didn't use wisdom to back off and perfect what he was doing.

Hehe, yea! I always have to make sure there is not more on the ole plate than can be done, which requires putting some ideas back on the back shelf until another day. ;)

Thanks for the reply Kaseen!

Im glad the wooden moulds are coming back soon, I love the idea of the silicone liners! I'll keep an eye on your website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back