• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No longer current

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseencook

Reaction score
Due to time constraints, I have decided to no longer offer silicone lined moulds as being a one person show have limited time, and because silicone is a very expensive material and the process is time intensive with little or no profit, I can no longer take the stress of producing silicone lined moulds they are making my life miserable :cry: .

I feel bad letting people down who are interested, so I am considering putting together a DIY info packet for people to be able to make their own liners cheaper and with limited materials. I was originally just going to stop the custom liners, but am already bogged down and feel that if I add back on the silicone lined wooden moulds I will be totally overwhelmed, which isn't good for anyone, because I don't want a long turn around time, and already have orders that take priority. Thank you for your understanding in this stressful time! :)

He He but there not too far away for me :) giggle

Remember that's Aussie dollars so multiply the price by .65 and you'll get the approximate USD price. or go here http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to see how pathetic our dollar is against yours at the moment-sigh. Post is bugger though its expensive. I own an online fabric business and post stuff overseas all the time I think cause of how pathetic our Aussie dollar is.

I've only just bought a wood mould (from someone else - runs and hides), but neeeeeed a liner, I'm hopeless with lining it with paper, when do you think you'll have your custom mould available, my husband might loose it if I bought another mould as I only make soap for our family.

I've had issues with FO staying in silicone moulds and the scraper I have, is this something you have found with your moulds???

Thanks for showing us your site :)
Tracy

Hummm, I'm not sure what you mean about the FO sticking on your liner. Do you mean smell wise or sticky wise? I have not had either issue, but I can send you a small scrap of silicone to put in with your soap to test if the particular FO you use has issues with silicone.

Thank you for the interest! :p

I have a silicon mould that still smells like the FO I used and its been through the dishwasher.

and a scraper that still smells and tastes like the FO even though its been through the dishwasher a number of times. But maybe this is a topic for another thread ;)

Oh my! Sounds like some killer FO :)

Well if you are ever interested in a silicone liner, I will surely send you a sample square of our silicone (for free) to make sure it won't have any issues with your FO.

:D

The big issue is that its scents that make me feel ill - sigh

Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it :)

So when are the renovation finished? I'm interested in getting a quote for my wooden molds my dad made me.

Hi! Sorry about that! I will hopefully be done with the insanity in a week or two. I can give you a quote if you would like, what are the inner dimensions of your moulds?

Cheers!
Kaseen

Around 65cm x 18cm x 7.5cm. Thats within a cm of each side, I can give you an exact measurement when I go down and measure it properly. I have 4 of them.

Renovations sound fun (not fun to do though). I'd love to give my studio a makeover.

A liner 65cm long, 18cm wide, and 7.5cm tall would cost $65, and shipping for four would be $20. Those are megga logs!

Hehe, renovating brings the hope that operations will be less stressful in the future, but you have to bear even more stress while doing it and having to add more chaos into soup pot. :) I hope we are done in the next week or two :)

Cheers!
Kaseen

That sounds pretty good. It would pay for itself after a while in not having to use baking paper.

They are big logs for sure. One mold makes two logs with 26 soaps each. I love them, in one day I can pour over 200 soaps.

I'll have to start saving up for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back