• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No longer current

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to time constraints, I have decided to no longer offer silicone lined moulds as being a one person show have limited time, and because silicone is a very expensive material and the process is time intensive with little or no profit, I can no longer take the stress of producing silicone lined moulds they are making my life miserable :cry: .

I feel bad letting people down who are interested, so I am considering putting together a DIY info packet for people to be able to make their own liners cheaper and with limited materials. I was originally just going to stop the custom liners, but am already bogged down and feel that if I add back on the silicone lined wooden moulds I will be totally overwhelmed, which isn't good for anyone, because I don't want a long turn around time, and already have orders that take priority. Thank you for your understanding in this stressful time! :)

Would you guys be interested in making your own liners with a detailed instructions manual (free of course)? It's not too complicated, and will save you more money than buying them pre-made. It's definitely not more complicated than making soap, it just takes some counter space, some strips of thin wood or cardboard, and some silicone (available online or locally). Let me know what you think!

Just wanted to make it clear that the TOG brand liners ARE NOT silicone. They are foam that is sprayed with food grade silicone and need to be resprayed each time you use them if you don't want your soap to stick after the first use. ;) They are taped (not one piece) and are no where near comparable to Upland or Woodfields poured one piece silicone liners. ;)

Hello All!

Well here's some instructions to make your own custom silicone liners!

It's at:

http://www.tortugasoaps.com.au/DIY Silicone Liners for Soap Moulds.pdf

Let me know if you need any clairification (or if you see a typo LOL).

Have fun, and I hope this helps! :D

It didn't post what I wrote before.....

here it is again!

Hey Guys! Here are some instructions to make your own custom silicone liners!

Check it out and let me know if you need any clairification (or if you see a typo LOL). Hope it helps! :)

Why isn't this posting!

here it is again!

Check it out and let me know if you need any clairification (or if you see a typo LOL). Hope it helps! :)

For some reason it is having an issue with the spaces in the link..... so you will need to copy and past the whole thing into the browser (with the spaces).... I knew I should have saved the file without spaces! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaseen!

Your soap beveller arrived yesterday.... I love it!

As soon as I unwrapped it, I couldn't wait to experiment...fabulous results :D

Thanks again!

kaseencook said:

Hi Kaseencook- I would like to see the silicone instructions, but couldn't make this address work.
The first part was a bad address, and when I typed in the whole thing like topcat suggested,
it didn't recognize the pdf at the end.

Yes!

It printed out beautifully- Thanks so much, Kassencook- Now I have a
summertime project!

Kaseen, I'm trying this today! Thanks so much for the tutorial! :D

Hi Kaseen, I don't know if you're still on here as this is an old thread, but I'm very interested in making my own moulds, particularly for embeds and soap shapes from clay 'masters', but also to try to save money by making mould liners (I'm new to soaping so as yet I don't sell my soaps, just give them away, and my chap can make wooden moulds for them to go inside).

Sadly the links don't work any more, and there doesn't appear to be a link on your website. I was wondering if you would still consider sharing these? I've looked at silicone companies websites here in the UK and sadly I'm really unsure what type of silicone to use to produce a flexible, durable mould that isn't too thin (like the ones you get from China). It seems like a minefield to me, and wondered if you would possibly be able to help?

I know it's a long shot but thank you anyway if you see this.

Tina

Hi Kaseen, I don't know if you're still on here as this is an old thread, but I'm very interested in making my own moulds, particularly for embeds and soap shapes from clay 'masters', but also to try to save money by making mould liners (I'm new to soaping so as yet I don't sell my soaps, just give them away, and my chap can make wooden moulds for them to go inside).

Sadly the links don't work any more, and there doesn't appear to be a link on your website. I was wondering if you would still consider sharing these? I've looked at silicone companies websites here in the UK and sadly I'm really unsure what type of silicone to use to produce a flexible, durable mould that isn't too thin (like the ones you get from China). It seems like a minefield to me, and wondered if you would possibly be able to help?

I know it's a long shot but thank you anyway if you see this.

Tina

This person hasn’t been here since 2012. Pleas don’t pull up old threads. Feel free to start a new one or private message the OP. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back