Quantcast

New Year Soaping

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
The salt bar batch I made today with a 32% solution was my peppermint/lavender bars. Last time I used a 29% solution, and should have again. Live and learn. I do buy my aloe vera juice at Sam's or Wal-Mart. I use equal weights of aloe vera juice and lye and add my silk to it when it's hot. I let it cool then put into my Clorox bottle with the built in pour spout. I love premixing lye solution!

Paul

PhillipJ

Reaction score
I found the aloe juice by the laxatives at Walmart. Must be good for constipation or something.

My luffa gord soap made in a frosting cup is kinda separated looking after 12 hours. Not bad, but oily looking. Hoping that more time will absorb that.

Tabitha

Reaction score
OK Fine! Twist my arm why don't you?

I just whipped a ton of cream soap.

Tart Coco Lime
Calm Water
Bluebonnet Meadows
Moonlight (Path)
Red, Red Rose
Jolly Rancher Watermelon (why the heck not?)
Pink Bubble Gum
Lemon Meringue

I *may whip some she, I left my equipment out but want to sneal of to the dairy queen for some ice cream (shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell the weight loss 2008 thread :lol: )

I would like to make some fortune telling bath bombs scented almond cookie & put sexy fortunes in them for Valentines day :wink: . I package these in take-out boxes.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Tab is that whipped soap a base from somebody? I have seen bases at a few places. Sounds like you were busy today. How cold is it down your way today? It's windy and about 29 degrees with a wind chill of 13 to 15 degrees.

Paul

Tabitha

Reaction score
It is 48degrees right now. Yesterday it was in the high 60. You know what they say about Texas: If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it'll change :lol: .

Yes, it is the base from WSP. I LOVE it! I used to us Stepenson's, I think they were the first to put out a FBB base but the one from WSP is so much softer!

BRB: I am whipping shea & it *sounds* different, let me go check...

Tabitha

Reaction score
Ok, I whipped that shea's butt!

Tart Coco Lime
Calm Water
Bluebonnet Meadows
Moonlight (Path)
Red, Red Rose
Raspberry Truffle
Vanilla Bean

YorkieLover

Reaction score
New year

Hi Guys, this is mrs, Soapmakerman I just wanted to say happy New Year to all of Pauls play mates and let you see that we are all ready into Feb with our marketing already but I guess you have to be. Just put the new packaging on Etsy and looks pretty good. I hope all goes well for everyone this year. What do you think of my pics guys? Happy New year

Tabitha

Reaction score
Ho Yorkie!

Fancy-shmancy photos you got there! My goal is to get my VDay up by the 7th. I am a tad bit behind :oops: .

G

Ok, when I get a chance to go to Walmart .. I will pick some up. HEY! I caught a sale at Kmart (for those of you who still have them)

They have a 10set of Shoe Boxes (the plastic see-thru ones) for $9.00
10/$9.00

I got 5 paks.. 50

I am putting small holes on the side of them. I am putting the soap in them to dry on the racks

Latest posts