New from Ohio

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellagirl

Reaction score
Hi all, this looks like a fun place to hang out and learn new things.
Actually, I've got all my supplies together for CP soap making, but I'm still a little timid.
Not sure on the calculations and percentages....
A little Leary of using the lye. I've made some scrubs, whips and lip balms....that's fun, but I do want to make the soap, guess I have to just "do it".
Any tips and encouragement will be greatly appreciated. I've read all the books I can find, watched all the videos, doesn't seem all that complicated....
Anyway, here I am, always looking for new friends and ideas.
Thanks, RJ

Hello and welcome! :D

I felt intimidated at the thought of using lye, too. Once I finally did CP, I wondered why I had been so worried.

Have you watched SoapQueen's [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI]Lye Safety & Ingredients[/ame]? Just follow her instructions and you'll be fine - except do not use Pyrex or a glass container to mix your lye solution. Glass might shatter. I use an old Rubbermaid pitcher which has PP #5 on the bottom or stainless steel.

If you're not sure of calculations or percentages, you can post your recipe and it can be double checked by someone here.

Thanks Hazel,
I'm sure I'll be needing some help!
Be talking to you soon.
Are you in Ohio? Where?
RJ

Stellagirl said:
Thanks Hazel,
I'm sure I'll be needing some help!
Be talking to you soon.
Are you in Ohio? Where?
RJ

I live in a small town no one has ever heard of but Dayton is the closest big city.

Back