Greetings and Salutations!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Katie, and after lurking around for a while, I decided it was time to join and participate :D I'm a relatively new soaper but spent looooots of time reading and watching videos before finally diving in to make my first soap... which was still a lumpy disaster lol because apparently the best way to learn what trace is like and how long is *too* long, is to accidentally stick blend too long ;) I also learned a lot about mica dusting and what not to do on that batch.

Behold, my first ever:
batch1-1.jpg
batch1-2.jpg

I got the hang of it fairly quickly after that, though I don't have many pictures of my soaps yet. That's my next project! My first several are fully cured now and boy, waiting those 6 weeks to try them out is the hardest part!

Aside from soapmaking, I also sew (my kids wear 90% mom-made clothes), make candles and wax melts, play a lot of video games, and love urban fantasy TTRPGs. I have 2 littles (4 and 6), and my husband is just as nerdy and almost as crafty as I am. I'm a Los Angeles transplant in the Seattle area (though I've been out of LA for so long it feels like a lifetime ago) and I'm still not used to the cold.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and learn from you all, and I look forward to sharing my experience when I can! Before I go, here's a not-terrible soap I made for the sake of my pride ;)

IMG_5299.jpg

Hi Katie,

Welcome, love your layered soap, lot's of crafty people here you can chat to. Forget about the soaps curing and get onto planning your next one, the time will go quicker.

Welcome! I love your "not terrible" soap and look forward to seeing more of your soapy and non-soapy creations. Have you tried making lotion yet? So fun!

Welcome! I love your "not terrible" soap and look forward to seeing more of your soapy and non-soapy creations. Have you tried making lotion yet? So fun!

Thank you :D I haven't tried lotion yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time! I have several scents I would love to have last a little longer on me and I do use lotion, so it makes sense to make my own.

Hi Katie,

Welcome, love your layered soap, lot's of crafty people here you can chat to. Forget about the soaps curing and get onto planning your next one, the time will go quicker.

Making more soap *does* help pass the time! I'm going to need more storage soon hehe

Latest posts

Back