Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garden Gives Me Joy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been an amateur soaper for a a few years and loving it!

Although I dabble mostly in hot and cold processed bar soaps. my repertoire also includes just a few adventures with cream and liquid soaps.

As my username might suggest, my adventures often involve botanicals, mostly fresh tropical ones. It may not be surprising too that I only work from scratch (ie by saponifying oils with sodium and or potassium hydroxides). Also, with only 1 exception (when I refused to toss a friend's old yogurt), my soaps are all vegan. Since it is not possible to buy many or reasonably priced essential oils (EOs) in my current location, my soaps are usually 'fragrance free', ie if I can't get a botanical that can impart some subtle fragrance to my soap, I am always looking for affordable alternatives to commercial EOs (like herbs and spices). Thus far, I have relied only on my ingredients to give different colors that I may swirl (like charcoal and turmeric).

One of my dreams is to have fun creating all types of (botanical) soaps, often using produce from my prolific garden that I traverse barefooted every morning at dawn ... with 5 dogs and a spunky cat. Another is to feel sufficiently brave to sell my soaps to people who can't get enough. Their manifestation is a work in progress.

So happy to be here. I look forward to developing my art and contributing wherever I can.

animated-welcome-image-0119.gif

Latest posts

Back