new bars # 6, 7, 8

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryse13

Reaction score
This is the bars I made after the lye incident and the ones that I though overheated...

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

Today they look good actually. Started hardening up, no more oily bits. I can see where the oil was though.

#7 (OMH) & #8 (Ginny Poo bar) are remakes of ones that I have already made. I had to trip a lot of the old ones so I used the trimmings as embeds. They aren't beautiful but I'm happy with them. Lots of air holes although I did bang the crap out of the mold. I left this one covered with a piece of wood but didn't insulate it. So, I got a partial gel. Oh well. I'm still happy about it.

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

This one had an oily bit that zapped. It seemed to come out of the curly embeds. I will monitor and see what happens.

DSC01102.jpg

Last edited:
It shows how off my monitor is for color. It's a gorgeous shade of purple. Does this mean the calendula isn't a pumpkin orange color?

The petals are very bright orange and the bar (calendula with embeds) is more of an off white. Weird it shows up like that on your monitor.

I used to take photography and work in a photo lab. We calibrated the monitor daily. Your brightness will need to be full blast and it may be the same with the contrast (can't remember the contrast part, but good thing is if u go both 100% and all I can see is black and white, contrast should be put back to default). And if your screen has any settings it may bring out certain colors more. So normal is best. I was an amature so I'm not claiming this to fix all of your computer issues :p ha ha
Maybe a new monitor? Or maybe get really into purples, greens and cyan blue and start wearing tye dye?

It's not really an old monitor. I think I've only had it for slightly over a year. The brightness is at 90% so I'll have to play with it and see if I can change it.

I love purples, greens and blues. :lol:

I wish I could do color like that. I only made a light green one and that was it for my playing with color (on purpose) with eyeshadow

They're all gorgeous!

As far as the colors showing different...

Might be the camera colors? the way it's taken the pics? I see the calendula petals as orange and the purple and cream as a lovely purple also.... On 3 different screens including my tablet....

I see a brown stripe on top of a yellow-gold, and then a purple and cream, and then calendula in the mold, then calendula cut, then a tan/brown with greyish embeds, then another calendula cut which definitely shows orange petals.

Last edited:
Now that I look back at the pictures...
I can see how they look purple! My bad! They are a grayish brown, and the tan one has green embeds (that the flash muted). I was just thinking hazel ment some kind of eggplant purple. Sorry! I'm a ditz.

Why can't you do the colors? Mica is easy to use.

Eyeshadow may not be the best to use since the color can morph because of high pH. You want to use colorants that are stable in soap.

I'm sorry to hear he's off right now. Do you have spices? I like paprika for an orangish color.

Aww thanks for the sympathy <3. I used tumeric for the yellow color and cocoa and some eyeshadow for the browns. At least I think I used cocoa... maybe I didn't. Can't remember. But I have used cocoa before.

Latest posts

Back