Needle felting!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjulz

Reaction score
I finally found a "sit down" craft I can do that doesn't make my hands/body hurt. Though I love soaping, it's just not that easy to do while relaxing with the family on the couch. This is my first realistic creation.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384589658.810164.jpg

Here is one of my more typical Wee Woolies (husband came up with the name). ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384589774.275761.jpg

Thanks! Though the pic of the giraffe makes it look a bit creepy, camera angle is off. I really enjoy seeing all the super creative things everyone on this forum comes up with. People are SO amazing!

How adorable! I totally understand about the whole body hurting thing --- have had fibromyalgia for 20+ years. :( My hubby has been so supportive of my hobbies, which has been great! Something that helps me when soaping is a bar-stool I can sit on in the kitchen, so I can relax a bit and go slower. I wish I was more talented with little crafty stuff though. I can crochet simple blankets, but that takes forever cuz of my hands. Those are just soooo cute!!!! :)

I also do needle felting. Your giraffe is wonderful. The detail and crispness in your surface design really stands out.

How adorable! I totally understand about the whole body hurting thing --- have had fibromyalgia for 20+ years. :( My hubby has been so supportive of my hobbies, which has been great! Something that helps me when soaping is a bar-stool I can sit on in the kitchen, so I can relax a bit and go slower. I wish I was more talented with little crafty stuff though. I can crochet simple blankets, but that takes forever cuz of my hands. Those are just soooo cute!!!! :)

Grayceworks, I'm right there with ya! I was diagnosed 14 years ago with FMS and I too have a Supportive husband. Still not sure how well he understands the illness, but that's my fault for not liking to talk about it, but he is always supportive of crafting.
It would be very helpful to have a stool like that for some parts of the process, I'm just not sure where to put it when it's not under my butt cause there is no space left in my lab

Amil, thank you for the encouraging words ! I just started this new hobby in September. I make felted soap and that's fun and a good way to get rid of the ugly bars or scratch and dent soap. But wanted to get into needle felting. My friend has sheep so lots of roving to play with. I find it very relaxing and it doesn't take up much space either!!
I would love to see some of your work too!!ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384603971.516109.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1384603998.081184.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1384604032.497476.jpg

I don't think it looks creepy at all. I thought it was cute. :grin:

Thanks Hazel! I couldn't help myself....posted a few more pics. Wow just looked at the clock 3:17am! Yikes. Going to sleep now

I see the pictures and I thought the giraffe was bigger. Thanks for showing it again. Also, the dragonfly is beautiful and I love the colors in it.

Those are so cute! I also love working with felt but have not done needle felting. Currently I work on making felt flowers, and have made little stuffed animals (felt). My mom also has fibermiagia (sorry can't spell it) and its hard for the family to understand.
Good luck with your awesome felted creations, and post more pix when you make more :)

The giraffe and dragonfly are totally wonderful! Love your sense of whimsy and color, and that your felties are just imbued with happiness.

Have you done needle felted soaps? That's another quiet thing you can do on the couch. I needlefelt little antlered critters on my felted soap, and it's some of the best 'zen' time I ever have soaping. It just makes me happy to make happy little critters, though mine don't have any of the finesse that yours do.

Thanks again for all the compliments!
Paillo, I do make felted soaps, however those I wet felt so a lot of that happens at the sink. But I have been enjoying needling on some fun designs, usually lines and swirls and spots. Now I'm gonna have to try animals and flowers and such! Fun!!

Grayceworks, I'm right there with ya! I was diagnosed 14 years ago with FMS and I too have a Supportive husband. Still not sure how well he understands the illness, but that's my fault for not liking to talk about it, but he is always supportive of crafting.
It would be very helpful to have a stool like that for some parts of the process, I'm just not sure where to put it when it's not under my butt cause there is no space left in my lab

I don't really have room for my stool either, so it goes from in front of the dishwasher, to in front of the fridge, to the doorway, and back. LOL but I don't mind since it lets me finally do stuff in the kitchen again after years of avoiding it. Yeah, I don't talk about it much either, after so long it's just my 'normal' unless I have a flare, so there's not much point talking about it lol.

Grayceworks, glad you're able to "do" more now. The body not being able to do all the things mind wants to do is SO frustrating!

Here is today's Wee Woolie, it's maybe an inch and a half tall
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384843784.405608.jpg

Latest posts

Back